Will Drastic emulator play 3DS games?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Queksilber
Re: Will Drastic emulator play 3DS games?

Post by Queksilber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:22 am

Howdareme wrote:Don't listen to that, they're not coding anything for android. All I've heard is there trying to make homebrew for the 3ds, nothing for android.
ofc not for android, but they are doing the "fundamentals" for future 3DS-Emulator coding.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:30 am

Queksilber wrote:
Howdareme wrote:Don't listen to that, they're not coding anything for android. All I've heard is there trying to make homebrew for the 3ds, nothing for android.
ofc not for android, but they are doing the "fundamentals" for future 3DS-Emulator coding.
And where does it say that? I haven't heard.any 3ds emulator news

Queksilber

Post by Queksilber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:34 am

Howdareme wrote:And where does it say that? I haven't heard.any 3ds emulator news
You obviously haven't realised why they are collecting money on their website. chip decapping...

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:38 am

Queksilber wrote:
Howdareme wrote:And where does it say that? I haven't heard.any 3ds emulator news
You obviously haven't realised why they are collecting money on their website. chip decapping...
Yes it says emulators but.. The Max the 3ds can go to is probably n64 and I still have doubts. I heard on gbatemp that there's no activity in the fundraiser. ,

Queksilber

Post by Queksilber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:46 am

Howdareme wrote:Yes it says emulators but.. The Max the 3ds can go to is probably n64 and I still have doubts. I heard on gbatemp that there's no activity in the fundraiser. ,
Ye because they increased the threshold from 2000$ to 2300$ when the foundraiser hit the initially goal of 2000$. A lot of people where pissed off, so this is why there is not much activity. Though Chip decapping still needed to start reversing the 3ds. They'll have to do it anyway, regardless what happens with the money.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:56 am

Queksilber wrote:
Howdareme wrote:Yes it says emulators but.. The Max the 3ds can go to is probably n64 and I still have doubts. I heard on gbatemp that there's no activity in the fundraiser. ,
Ye because they increased the threshold from 2000$ to 2300$ when the foundraiser hit the initially goal of 2000$. A lot of people where pissed off, so this is why there is not much activity. Though Chip decapping still needed to start reversing the 3ds. They'll have to do it anyway, regardless what happens with the money.
Thanks for the info and sorry for the misunderstanding :)

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:51 am

btw i wouldent trust this website http://3dsemulator.org/ its probubly a scam

edit more prof its a scam http://blog.extramaster.net/2012/10/3ds ... -fake.html
Last edited by the_cake_is_a_lie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:03 am

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:btw i wouldent trust this website http://3dsemulator.org/ its probubly a scam

edit more prof its a scam http://blog.extramaster.net/2012/10/3ds ... -fake.html
There are no 3ds emulators. So all will be fake. The 3ds was hacked, but Nintendo patched it. There are two known hacks, both patched.

See here for more details: www.3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_exploits

Jebrey123

Post by Jebrey123 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:17 am

Why can't someone code the good 3ds games (Pokemon y, Zelda,) in a 2d format so that you don't need all that fancy stuff much like a 2ds plays the 3ds games without the 3D aspect same game just different coding, then the drastic app could run them ?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:17 am

Jebrey123 wrote:Why can't someone code the good 3ds games (Pokemon y, Zelda,) in a 2d format so that you don't need all that fancy stuff much like a 2ds plays the 3ds games without the 3D aspect same game just different coding, then the drastic app could run them ?
It's not the 3D stuff that's a problem with 3DS games, and any really emulator right now probably wouldn't really handle the 3D in much capacity. The games are not DS games, it's a totally different system. They wouldn't even run in DraStic any more than DS games would run in a Gameboy emulator.