Clock Issue

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
breadtoast
Clock Issue

Post by breadtoast » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:19 pm

I am wondering about the in game clock. I am playing Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks and when you get to the mail box to mail out post cards they keep telling me that I have already sent out 20 post cards and I have to wait. I don't think the in game clock is running at all. I checked the System time and it is set to Always use System Time for RTC. I tried switching it to Custom system clock. It let me change it to a date and time, but the time doesn't ever change when I check it again. I set it to 9 am and when I went back to check it a few minutes later it still said it was 9am. How do you get the clock to work? Thanks.

Exophase

Re: Clock Issue

Post by Exophase » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:45 pm

If you're not set to always use system time then saving the state will save the current time. So whenever you resume the state it will be that time again. The time is only set when the game properly starts up from the beginning. This may be affecting how you see the time.

breadtoast

Post by breadtoast » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:49 pm

Exophase wrote:If you're not set to always use system time then saving the state will save the current time. So whenever you resume the state it will be that time again. The time is only set when the game properly starts up from the beginning. This may be affecting how you see the time.
Does this mean that I would have to start over in order for game clock to work? I'm pretty far into the game.

reeve

Post by reeve » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:02 pm

breadtoast wrote:
Exophase wrote:If you're not set to always use system time then saving the state will save the current time. So whenever you resume the state it will be that time again. The time is only set when the game properly starts up from the beginning. This may be affecting how you see the time.
Does this mean that I would have to start over in order for game clock to work? I'm pretty far into the game.
Try using in-game saves instead of savestates.

breadtoast

Post by breadtoast » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Okay I changed back to system time, reset the game and started from in game save and the time seems to be running now. Got my postcard prizes. Now I'm having a different issue though. In certain areas of the game (Currently the whip race) the touch screen view moves to the top screen and the top screen view moves to the bott screen, however the stylus input is still on the bottom screen so it is very hard to know where to press. Anyone have this issue? I've tried swapping screens but ends up just moving the position of the screens without fixing the input issue.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:42 pm

This is either due to having the multithreaded 3D option on, or having the "Fix main 2D screen" option on.