Savegames lost, careful on bios switching.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Lopin18
Savegames lost, careful on bios switching.

Post by Lopin18 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Almost skipped a beat, suddenly all my savestates were gone, traced it back to being the arm7 bios i copied, seems like copying the arm7 bios for encripted roms changes something and all your savestates separate from the savestates made in the other bios that was being used.

Luckily i just moved the arm7 bios and my savestates came back, a warning would be nice when detecting a new bios. :? Or at least a note in the faq, if there isnt.

Exophase

Re: Savegames lost, careful on bios switching.

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:52 pm

It's not that the savestate files are gone, they're just not listed because you need the same BIOS configuration as when they were made.

I think we're going to be changing it to list the files but give an error explaining this when you try to load it.

efams

Re: Savegames lost, careful on bios switching.

Post by efams » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:10 am

Lopin18 wrote:Almost skipped a beat, suddenly all my savestates were gone, traced it back to being the arm7 bios i copied, seems like copying the arm7 bios for encripted roms changes something and all your savestates separate from the savestates made in the other bios that was being used.

Luckily i just moved the arm7 bios and my savestates came back, a warning would be nice when detecting a new bios. :? Or at least a note in the faq, if there isnt.
put the previous bios and... tadaa! the saves comes back again