Emulator works. But sluggish

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
marshallevans00
Emulator works. But sluggish

Post by marshallevans00 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:35 pm

I just downloaded and installed Drastic Emulator today, and a rom for Pokemon Heartgold. The game runs fine, with no texture glitches whatsoever, but the game is really slow. It's like watching it in slow motion almost. Is there anything I can do to get it to run faster?

Device is a LG Tribute
Specs-ARMV7 Processor with 4 cores. And 1190 MHZ (If you need anything else ask. I'm nooby with phone specs)

Exophase

Re: Emulator works. But sluggish

Post by Exophase » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:18 am

Did you purchase the emulator off of the Play store? If not, that's your problem. It's not free, cracked versions break it.

marshallevans00

Post by marshallevans00 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:18 am

I purchased it legit. Are there options I can change or things to mod my device?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:24 am

Are you running Lollipop? Try turning on 16-bit rendering. Also, make sure that frameskip is set to auto. Your device shouldn't be performing nearly as badly as it sounds like it is.

marshallevans00

Post by marshallevans00 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:53 pm

I've vuewed gameplay of other people playing Pokemon on this emulator, and I know whats irritating me. It's that the games don't run as well as the do on the real platform. But i'm ok with it now! Itwas just bothering me because I thought I had a bad device. Thank you.

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Exophase wrote:Did you purchase the emulator off of the Play store? If not, that's your problem. It's not free, cracked versions break it.
Hows that true when i didnt had money on google play i pirated the emu and it worked 100% same as the bought version i use now -_-
You can even find the latest beta on google and it will work with the 2 most popular app cracks that exist
Not sure how does a pirated version would cause slow speed anyway

Btw my device is 1.2 ghz quad core and 512 MB ram and games run full speed without frameskip

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Slowdown is just one of the things that can go wrong with the cracked version. It's not necessarily something that'll happen immediately. The emulator knows it's cracked - I'm just going to leave it at that. Look for complaints about crashes in comments on those sites, or the screen being small. These things are different depending on the version, but of course the older versions are worse in other ways...