Zekrom battle freeze in pokemon white.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
xpandabearsx
Zekrom battle freeze in pokemon white.

Post by xpandabearsx » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:15 pm

When I go to battle Zekrom, he screams or whatever then the game just freezes But the music is still playing.I read that I had to turn off all of the cheats that I had so I did but that still froze. I went through twice and made sure that all of the cheats were off. What else could be causing this problem? I haven't caught Zekrom using the catch any pokemon code or whatever it's called either. I don't know what else to do. :cry:

Exophase

Re: Zekrom battle freeze in pokemon white.

Post by Exophase » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:20 pm

You have to understand that when you turn on cheats it usually permanently modifies the game. Meaning the only way to really get rid of cheats is to reset the game with cheats disabled and load an in-game save.

Mr. Programmer

Re: Zekrom battle freeze in pokemon white.

Post by Mr. Programmer » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:09 am

xpandabearsx wrote:
Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:15 pm
When I go to battle Zekrom, he screams or whatever then the game just freezes But the music is still playing.I read that I had to turn off all of the cheats that I had so I did but that still froze. I went through twice and made sure that all of the cheats were off. What else could be causing this problem? I haven't caught Zekrom using the catch any pokemon code or whatever it's called either. I don't know what else to do. :cry:
Okay, so I know this question has been posted years ago, but I encountered the same problem. As you see, there are two kinds of save, the DraStic savestate does indeed keep some cheat codes active even if they were turned off, so that may cause the freezing to continue to occur. But there's an in-game save, where you save your progress in game, so here if you ever had a savestate as close to that progress, turn off all cheats and save it right there, don't forget to use the in-game save, as it restarts all code and disables active cheats. So I did this and was able to battle Zekrom without having to worry about anything. If the crash still occurs please reply to this in here, I'll look into it.