DraStic Saves transfer between phones

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
BlizzardFrost
DraStic Saves transfer between phones

Post by BlizzardFrost » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Okay so let me start by saying with 100% honesty that I was using the pirated version of DraStic 2.1.0a for a very long time. I had a -- what some would consider -- old generation phone and was content with it for years. So I was getting my money's worth and pirating what I could for the remainder of that phone's lifespan. I promised myself, however, that when I did finally upgrade to a significantly better phone, I would appropriately pay for apps that deserved the money. DraStic was one of those apps. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with the app and I'm delighted with the changes made since 2.1.0a, but I inevitably created a bit of a problem for myself. I have two games that I haven't finished yet on my old phone, one of which I'm willing to let go of, but the other is much more important to me. It's final fantasy tactics A2 and I'm about halfway through the game. Since I now have the paid version (and a new phone), there doesn't seem to be a way for me to inherit the save from my old phone and I was wondering if anyone had any possible solutions.

And before anyone suggests it, the google drive support doesn't seem to work on the cracked version I had. It looks like it tries to work, gives me a loading bar and then it disappears without adding anything (and placing a DraStic folder in my drive does nothing). So yeah, I'm just looking for any possible solution. Maybe it would help if I knew where exactly version 2.1.0a kept the save files and if those files would be transferable to the newer version. From what I can tell, it looks like the 2.1.0a version saves it's files in mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/savestates but when I copy the ffta2 savestate to my new phone at internalstorage/drastic/savestates, it doesn't show up. My old phone is a HTC Rezound and my new phone is the Sony Xperia Z3V. I don't know what to do so if anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Exophase

Re: DraStic Saves transfer between phones

Post by Exophase » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Do you mean in-game saves or actual savestates? The in-game save files are in the backup directory, not savestates.

BlizzardFrost

Post by BlizzardFrost » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Either would work, I have savestates and in-game saves for that game. I've tried both, though, and they don't seem to transfer

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:49 pm

Could you try making a new save and see if the .dsv file shows up there?

BlizzardFrost

Post by BlizzardFrost » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:16 pm

Yep, I can confirm that the in-game saves do appear there. I cleaned the whole folder (backups) and opened the game. The in-game save was erased and i saved a new one. I went back to the directory and there was a fresh .dsv waiting there for me. Cool, so what next? I've tried copying .dsv's to my new phone before and it didn't work. Thank you so much for helping me, by the way, and thanks for making an awesome emulator haha!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:51 pm

Could you upload a save you're trying to transfer?

BlizzardFrost

Post by BlizzardFrost » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Sure, here it is.
Attachments
Final Fantasy Tactics A2.rar
(56.79KiB)Downloaded 523 times

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:15 pm

I tried out the save and it seems to be fine. This is probably a silly question, but are you sure that the ROM has the same filename on the new device? That is, "Final Fantasy Tactics A2.nds" (or .zip/.rar./.7z)

BlizzardFrost

Post by BlizzardFrost » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Wow, I'm an idiot haha! That was the problem all along, and it was definitely silly. Thanks for all the help, you're the best!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:36 pm

Glad I could help :D