Will Be Armv6 Port?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Howdareme
Re: Will Be Armv6 Port?

Post by Howdareme » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:57 am

So you have to pirate it if you dont see DraStic in your playstore? Exophase please add license verification as it stops piraring quite alot.

WalkThisWay

Post by WalkThisWay » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 am

If you don't see it on the Play Store it is either not compatible with your device or the developer didn't make the app available for your country. I'm guessing in your case, it's the former.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:31 am

Howdareme wrote:So you have to pirate it if you dont see DraStic in your playstore? Exophase please add license verification as it stops piraring quite alot.
While I don't condone piracy (did I say that right?), I think adding lisence verification (I think it already has one...) or drm would only trouble exo more. Any app or software in general can be cracked and its a losing battle. lisence verificationdoesn't stop piracy a lot actually, just visit any site that offers free apk ddl. only a few select apps that I know are immune to piracy. What we can do is continue to support exo and lessen the burden by helping those that come here for assistance And report bugs as we see them.
Behold my mighty

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:00 am

License verification does work, if you pirate an apk, when you install it, licence verification will kick in.. etc it could close DraStic and you will be unable to play backups. Theres always ways to bypass this but most people may not know how

awk

Post by awk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:39 am

That doesn't necessarily mean they'll buy the app after that though.

When you look at the play store stats, in less than a week it's already over 10000 downloads. The quality of the app and the access to updates are its best anti piracy features imo. No need to complicate things for the devs.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:08 am

awk wrote:That doesn't necessarily mean they'll buy the app after that though.

When you look at the play store stats, in less than a week it's already over 10000 downloads. The quality of the app and the access to updates are its best anti piracy features imo. No need to complicate things for the devs.
I wonder how many of that 10000 dls are individual purchases ... I only have one android device and my sister has a separate account so I don't know if I also have my play account on her tab I can install drastic on hers. (She doesnt game so this is just a theoretical question. Makes me wonder why she asked me to root it at all...)
Behold my mighty

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 am

This isnt complicating things at all. If Exophase wants to reduce the number of people pirating the app, he should add this. The devs of fpse managed to add this..

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 am

Within one minute, I found a site on where to dl the app and instruction on how to defeat the lisence verification. :/

This is why I said its moot. Apps will get pirated and securites will be bypassed anyways. Trying to place more securities would just attract more crackers and might potentialy affect the paying ones. I agree with that the best anti piracy is the quality of the software As it makes one support it more.
Behold my mighty

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:41 pm

But does everybody know to do that? It doesnt always work 100 percent.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Howdareme wrote:This isnt complicating things at all. If Exophase wants to reduce the number of people pirating the app, he should add this. The devs of fpse managed to add this..
Ultimately everything on the Android side of things, including any protection, is up to Lordus. Personally it doesn't really matter that much to me, but that's just me, and I fully support whatever he wants to do on his end. He did add some tamper-protection which triggers if you just run the standard license cracking stuff.