drastic_dldi.img Setup on device [ROOT ONLY]

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Kyousuke753
Re: drastic_dldi.img Setup on device [ROOT ONLY]

Post by Kyousuke753 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:47 am

I suppose it's not really mentioned much as to why few people shown interests in it.

It's not like a main component for Drastic and Rooting is risky so yeah.

MBychowski

Post by MBychowski » Tue May 16, 2017 1:42 am

Hello.
I have rooted android device with DraStic installed on it.
I wanted to play some homebrew games but this is the only tutorial and I don't understand anything (Mainly terminology like: CD or DD), so please can you explain those for me?

EnderHDMC

Post by EnderHDMC » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:10 pm

MBychowski wrote:Hello.
I wanted to play some homebrew games but this is the only tutorial and I don't understand anything (Mainly terminology like: CD or DD), so please can you explain those for me?
cd and dd are both terminal commands.

cd being to change directory and dd being to copy and convert files.
But if you don't understand what is being done then it is not really recommended that you use this method. The prerequisites do mention terminal knowledge.

xTenn

Post by xTenn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:25 am

So I've managed to get a few Homebrew applications and games up and running but I'm having directory issues (namely with ComicBookDS, lameboy, DSReader, and a few others). Each of these requires a folder to be placed in a certain location. Where should I place these folders?

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:09 pm

MBychowski wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 1:42 am
Hello.
Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B255hr ... NDeGM/view

Don't worry about it, this is if you want to make your own DLDI image. That's a 64 MB blank image linked, and should be more than enough. Homebrew stuff works fine on Drastic but you need the DLDI image to save homebrew games, and possibly for other reasons.

There's no need to make your own image though, unless you need to copy files to it in advance (in which case you'd need to mount the image somewhere), just copy that into your "/internal_storage/DraStic" directory if you just need to be able to run and save homebrew games.