Decrypting Encrypted Homebrew Games - HELP

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
bbnorman
Decrypting Encrypted Homebrew Games - HELP

Post by bbnorman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:03 am

Several years ago, I had seen a wonderful game being made called DScraft. Essentially, it was a homebrew remake of Minecraft on the DS. I was very excited to watch it it grow! It was the whole reason I wanted to get an R4 card. Sadly, the developer stopped development. It was very dissapointing. After a few years, I ended up with this wonderful emulator, and while looking for ROMs, I managed to stumble upon it again. I downloaded it, followed the stated installation notes on the site, but to my dismay, Drastic would not open it! It said that it is made for "Nintendo ARM7 BIOS." The emulator told me to refer to this site's FAQ on how to decrypt the ROM myself, but I have yet to find anything on it. I would appreciate very much if someone would tell me how I can do this.

On another note, I've enjoyed this emulator very much. Most every game I run it it performs flawlessly, and gaming became much more interesting once I began using an old Wiimote I had laying around. This is simply a small wish I hope someone can clear up for me.

For reference:
http://smealum.net/dscraft/

Jay Haru

Re: Decrypting Encrypted Homebrew Games - HELP

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:36 am

bbnorman wrote:Several years ago, I had seen a wonderful game being made called DScraft. Essentially, it was a homebrew remake of Minecraft on the DS. I was very excited to watch it it grow! It was the whole reason I wanted to get an R4 card. Sadly, the developer stopped development. It was very dissapointing. After a few years, I ended up with this wonderful emulator, and while looking for ROMs, I managed to stumble upon it again. I downloaded it, followed the stated installation notes on the site, but to my dismay, Drastic would not open it! It said that it is made for "Nintendo ARM7 BIOS." The emulator told me to refer to this site's FAQ on how to decrypt the ROM myself, but I have yet to find anything on it. I would appreciate very much if someone would tell me how I can do this.

On another note, I've enjoyed this emulator very much. Most every game I run it it performs flawlessly, and gaming became much more interesting once I began using an old Wiimote I had laying around. This is simply a small wish I hope someone can clear up for me.

For reference:
http://smealum.net/dscraft/
You could try getting a ds bios from elgoog but ya had to rename it to something I already quite forgot. Be reminded that if you do use the orig ds bios, games played with drastic bios won't load their states. Ingames will load just fine
Behold my mighty

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:33 am

Also keep in mind that until DLDI is implemented, maps cannot be loaded and therefore the game cannot be played

bbnorman

Post by bbnorman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Dang, that's such a bummer. Thank you for the help, at least.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:24 pm

xperia64 wrote:Also keep in mind that until DLDI is implemented, maps cannot be loaded and therefore the game cannot be played
Flashcart emulation is implemented. It doesn't have DLDI auto-patching, so you need to patch the ROM for R4 DLDI (which is what's emulated) and you need to make a disk image. There's no official documentation for it right now because it's beyond what most users are willing to do, even for the limited number that want to run homebrew. But the directions for the Pandora version should work for the Android version too: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/153 ... ntry302305

As for encrypted ROMs, I know an earlier Android version incorrectly identified homebrew as encrypted, so first thing be sure you're using the latest one. If it really is encrypted, you need the BIOS to decrypt it (other emulators and tools can decrypt, but to do so you need a big table from the BIOS and I don't know if it's legal to copy it)

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Oh I must've missed that. I'll try it later.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:12 pm

I got it working (FAT version): http://i.imgur.com/SWxR9po.png
And DLDI patching has been added to my ROM Patcher app.

Edit: NitroFS doesn't seem to be supported. Aperture Science DS doesn't appear create its directories or save its custom levels, plus the NitroFS versions of DSCraft+ASDS need their data folders in the same path as the .nds file.

Edit2: Tried hbmenu for NitroFS support, both games I tried loading with that just hung forever.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:15 am

xperia64 wrote:I got it working (FAT version): http://i.imgur.com/SWxR9po.png
And DLDI patching has been added to my ROM Patcher app.
Excellent, this should be helpful. Thanks.
xperia64 wrote:Edit: NitroFS doesn't seem to be supported. Aperture Science DS doesn't appear create its directories or save its custom levels, plus the NitroFS versions of DSCraft+ASDS need their data folders in the same path as the .nds file.

Edit2: Tried hbmenu for NitroFS support, both games I tried loading with that just hung forever.
Maybe I'm not following something, but isn't NitroFS a DLDI patch that appends a read-only filesystem to the gamecard space instead of through flash cart storage? http://blea.ch/wiki/index.php/Nitrofs If this is what it is shouldn't need any support from the emulator at all, but it also shouldn't be possible to create directories or write files like this. On the other hand, the description for support in DeSmuME seems to totally contradict this. Do you have any idea what's missing here? Is it libnds argv support?

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:48 pm

NOTE: Scaling is broken in gameyob with DraStic. It uses "both rendering engines to perform scaling".

jEnesisDS and gameyob:
Image Image

Also, NES emulator in GBC emulator in DraStic:

Now I need to get DraStic to run in the Android emulator.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Oh, looky here... something just went full circle. A genesis emulator made by lordus for the ds being played on a ds emulator made (for android) by the same guy. Someone post that annoying pimp my ride meme thingy! ;)
Behold my mighty