Automatic Screen Layout

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Aboobacar
Automatic Screen Layout

Post by Aboobacar » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:04 am

I have NOT yet purchased the emulator, however I have used the demo version.
I was wondering if it's possible to make the screen layout depend on orientation of the device. For example, full top-screen in landscape and top-screen above touch screen in portrait. Is this possible by tweaking the screen settings somehow? I tried messing around with the settings but couldn't get a desired result.
I know this is possible by opening the menu and using the screen toggle, but if I want to do that automatically when turning the device. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

zeroobligation

Re: Automatic Screen Layout

Post by zeroobligation » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Yes, the paid version has this feature. The auto-rotate is on by default but you can also turn it off. :D

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:26 pm

zeroobligation wrote:Yes, the paid version has this feature. The auto-rotate is on by default but you can also turn it off. :D
I think he's saying to having the ability to define totally different layouts for portrait and landscape orientation, which is something else. I'll let Lordus say if he thinks this is a reasonable feature or not.

The paid version doesn't have any more features than the demo outside of saves, savestates, and cheats - ie anything that'll make it possible to resume gameplay to get around the time limit. Other than that it's supposed to be possible to evaluate everything.

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Ohh, oops, sorry to be spewing misinformation. :roll:
EDIT: Actually, I think that is possible, no? Because I have set some of my games to display top-screen only in landscape mode and when i rotate my tablet back up-right, the screen layout would automatically return to the default portrait mode. Or maybe I am not understanding Aboobacar's question.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Yes, that's possible. You just need to select a single-screen layout for the landscape mode in the game menu (from the layout selection bar on the bottom).
The layout you select will always be saved for the next time you start the game, and the same goes for the active screen.
So if you set up the top screen to be shown in full-screen mode in landscape orientation, you can rotate the device to go back and forth between that and the dual-screen portrait setup.

Aboobacar

Post by Aboobacar » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Here is a visual example.
The tablet would change between these views depending on it's orientation.

EDIT:
Lordus wrote:Yes, that's possible. You just need to select a single-screen layout for the landscape mode in the game menu (from the layout selection bar on the bottom).
The layout you select will always be saved for the next time you start the game, and the same goes for the active screen.
So if you set up the top screen to be shown in full-screen mode in landscape orientation, you can rotate the device to go back and forth between that and the dual-screen portrait setup.
So I can save a screen setting for each of the orientations? This is exactly what I was looking for :D

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:29 pm

It's saved automatically (per game), you just need to select the layout you want in the game menu.
The button you used in the radial menu doesn't select another layout, it's only there to quickly toggle between 1 and 2 screens.