Pokemon Soul Silver - Can't battle

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Ronsem
Pokemon Soul Silver - Can't battle

Post by Ronsem » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Whenever I go into tall grass and a battle should trigger the game blacks out and sends me out of the game and to the main emulator menu. I can't even get the game I bought this for to work...Help would be appreciated.

Exophase

Re: Pokemon Soul Silver - Can't battle

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Does it work if you enable sound in the game?

Ronsem

Post by Ronsem » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Just tried...and that's a negative...If I can't get this working I may end up having to request my money back. I really don't want to though

Ronsem

Post by Ronsem » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Also my phone is a Sprint Galaxy S2

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Are you us v2.1.1a, and if so, have you loaded from an in-game save and not a savestate?

pablox.mo

Post by pablox.mo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:24 pm

I think is ur phone...in my tablet works perfect...im already in the 6th gym.

Ps edit: maybe is the old version like exo said

beansta

Post by beansta » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:33 pm

And in the latest version heart gold is working just fine...so it either could be the ROM you backed up or as someone else said your phone.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:02 am

Ronsem wrote:Just tried...and that's a negative...If I can't get this working I may end up having to request my money back. I really don't want to though

requesting your money back is a bit stupid just because you cant play 1 game lmao. There are over 3000 ds games.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:14 am

does HG work?

urisma

Post by urisma » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi! I'm the guy that tested the changes added in 2.1.1a to make pokemon HGSS playable. I can confirm that both are playable to the end, because I played all the way to the end (I have a savestate right before Red on my google drive). The only crashes I ever experienced were odd sprite glitches that occur after entering a new zone or exiting a battle (all sprites, so your character, follower, and NPCs) would be corrupted and look like random pixels. If this happens then a crash will occur if you enter a new zone or engage in a battle. You can fix this by doing a native, in game save, resetting Drastic, and reloading the native save. I HIGHLY recommend saving natively very often. Save states are nice and convenient, but they don't match native saves in terms of compatibility.

There are other cosmetic bugs that people have noticed, such as wrongly colored sprites in battle and screen corruption. Wrongly colored sprites I don't have anything to say about, you'll have to deal. For corrupt backgrounds (usually in the pokemon menu) you can back out then enter again and the screen should be fine. This is only a problem when you are forced to go into the screen due to a pokemon fainting. In that case you'll have to click a random spot for a random pokemon. Not game breaking, but annoying.