Pokemon games

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
yuurei
Re: Pokemon games

Post by yuurei » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:05 am

beansta wrote:It seems that the cheats system is a little buggy. Ive tried every cheat (and i mean every -_-) for pokemon white 2 on no$gba and they work fine, whereas only a selection of them do on drastic. I was a little narked that the disable gauge animation code freezes the game when u attack someone on pokemon heart gold but then having a full speed DS emulator on a phone isnt something easily achieved. I guess i just take the good with the bad.
did it work for the spawn pokemon cheat? i've been trying to spawn some pokemon but as soon as i get into battle on grass the game just freezes

trying on platinum latest version of drastic updated through play store on a sg4

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 am

roeiking12 wrote:Pokemon white 2 crash after you take the ship to castelia city pls fix :roll:
Try turning off C-gear.

yuurei

Post by yuurei » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:16 pm

I accidentaly enabled the movement cheat immediately change direction on pokemon platinum, i tried disabling it but now my game is as if the cheat is always enabled, disabling global cheats doesnt work either. any ideas on how to return to the normal state?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:18 pm

yuurei wrote:I accidentaly enabled the movement cheat immediately change direction on pokemon platinum, i tried disabling it but now my game is as if the cheat is always enabled, disabling global cheats doesnt work either. any ideas on how to return to the normal state?
most probable solution is to load a previous state before the cheat occured.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:19 pm

yuurei wrote:I accidentaly enabled the movement cheat immediately change direction on pokemon platinum, i tried disabling it but now my game is as if the cheat is always enabled, disabling global cheats doesnt work either. any ideas on how to return to the normal state?
Reliably undoing cheats after they're applied is impossible. The FAQ says more about it.

Ego_Bizarro

Post by Ego_Bizarro » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:14 am

I'm surprised no one seems to have asked about this, yet (then again, this forum is full of Pokémon threads -_-). I'm playing Pokémon Black and the game works pretty much perfectly (actually, TOO perfectly, I'm really missing some filter to deal with the DS' aweful 3D aliasing ;) ).
The only thing that's not really a glitch, but still quite annoying is that in every fight, on every start of a round, there's a tiny little freeze (or a sudden hard slowdown) which also stops the music shortly. No matter if I disable power saving, enable threaded 3D, use frame skipping or change latency.
I guess the game loads data for the following round or something. Anyway, the DS doesn't have this issue so I'm hoping DraStic can be optimized for that situation, since it's pretty much the only slowdown I'm getting in any game (on an S3).

Kemp420

Post by Kemp420 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:53 am

I am having a problem with my DraStic emulator. Every time I try play a pokemon game it will play for about 1 minute then return to the DraStic menu. I was playing on v2.1.5.1a then this problem started so I updated it to v2.1.6.1a but it does the same thing. If I try play Yu-gi-oh wold championship it plays fine with no problems it just wont let me play any pokemon games. Any ideas what the problem might be? I have tried turning off the cheats and different video settings but nothing seems to make a difference. The device im using to run Drastic is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:56 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=918

Update to 2.1.6.2, that should fix the problem.

Porkey

Post by Porkey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Thought I'd post here instead of making yet another Pokemon thread...

Also, sorry if this has been discussed before, but I seriously am unable to use the search function. No matter what I write into the search field it keep telling me to write more than 3 letters, even though I write POKEMON. Wtf?

Anyway, I'm using a Nexus 7 2013 and emulating Pokemon Black works great, except for the sound. I mean, the sound is good but everytime I enter a new area (such as going into a building or going from the field to a town) the sound skips for a short second. This also happens when attacking during combat. This issue does get on my nerves... So is this something you'll be able to fix in a future update, or is there a known way to fix it or...?