Black Screen

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
wjballer22
Black Screen

Post by wjballer22 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:00 pm

I am playing Pokemon diamond Version and it was working just fine up until today. When i tired to teach a Pokemon an HM, it was fine until i went to exit out of the menu. When i did so, the screen went black. I can still see the onscreen buttons and hear the music, but when i press the buttons nothing happens. I dont know what else to do.

zeroobligation

Re: Black Screen

Post by zeroobligation » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:05 am

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have run into a similar problem, where a game goes black, and the bg music still playing. I've reported this some time ago but haven't heard anything about it and it still happens in the latest version.
The game in question is Spider-man Shattered Dimensions.
To repro:
first download the savestate from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tzdyjj3y5dpn ... ions_0.rar

then,
1. run the game and load the savestate.
2. unpause the game and press [right] on the direction pad to move spiderman.
3. watch spidey build up momentum, run through a portal, and freeze the game.

Thanks for your attention and the AWESOME app! :D

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:42 am

Can you reproduce it from an in-game save instead of a savestate? If there was a bug in an old version and you made a savestate you could have already captured the effects of the bug, making it impossible to fix.

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:44 am

yes the same glitch happens when i load from an ingame save and play to that same point. i am upping the save file but you would have to play a while before getting to the freeze point from it.
to get to the freeze from ingame save: continue game, go left to beat boss, afterwards follow the path to get to the end of the stage and if you run through the portal at the end, the game hangs 100 out of 100 times on me.
Attachments
sav.zip
(307Bytes)Downloaded 413 times

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Thanks. It looks like the problem is related to timing. I added a work-around for it, will be in the next version/beta.

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:07 am

Exophase wrote:Thanks. It looks like the problem is related to timing. I added a work-around for it, will be in the next version/beta.
Great! Looking forward to it. THANKS! :D