Bug Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Kokonut
Bug Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Post by Kokonut » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:55 am

Good morning.

I love your emulator, he is so amazing.

But I have a problem with Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. When I go to Volucité (the third city) with the boat, when Matis (my rival) enter on the city, the emulator crash, and the screen is black. And after, he return me on the menu ! I think it's not a rom problem, because I try on every roms of Pokemon Black 2.

What is the problem ? Can I try to do something or I need to wait a new update ?

Thank you, Arthur (Sorry for my english, I'm french)

EDIT* Alright ! I find a solution ! I just stop the C-Gear, and it's OK !

roeiking12

Re: Bug Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Post by roeiking12 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:27 am

ty for the solution its worked

teddytales

Post by teddytales » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:52 am

Kokonut wrote:Good morning.

I love your emulator, he is so amazing.

But I have a problem with Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. When I go to Volucité (the third city) with the boat, when Matis (my rival) enter on the city, the emulator crash, and the screen is black. And after, he return me on the menu ! I think it's not a rom problem, because I try on every roms of Pokemon Black 2.

What is the problem ? Can I try to do something or I need to wait a new update ?

Thank you, Arthur (Sorry for my english, I'm french)

EDIT* Alright ! I find a solution ! I just stop the C-Gear, and it's OK !
do your ingame saves work?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:01 pm

If someone could give me a savestate leading up to the crash I could try to see if I can find anything that could be causing it. It is however possible that the game is already glitched by the time the savestate is made; the most foolproof method is to give me the in-game save file (.dsv) along with steps for how to reproduce it. The closer that save is to the problem the better.

beansta

Post by beansta » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Its the C-Gear on the game, it initialises some Wifi functions that the emu probably doesnt support (i think).

Edit: any game that has a save past the castelia city boat journey can reproduce the error. Just select yes when it asks u to use the C-Gear and it will crash.

Ive included my save from pokemon volt white 2. Just change the name to pokemon white 2 and load with the original rom.
Attachments
Pokemon Volt White 2.dsv.zip
(37.43KiB)Downloaded 891 times
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

RvanWijk

Post by RvanWijk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 am

Same problem for me... After I entered Castelia City and my rival enters the city the game crashed. I have a save game in Castelia City but how do I have to fix this? Waiting for a update from drastic or?

EDIT: Okay sorry I didn't see the solution but how do I stop it? Because i have a save game in the middle of the conversation so I can't use the C-gear

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 pm

If uve used a save state at that point then most probably ur out of luck. This only actually affects people who load from a backup save since it asks u to initialise the C-Gear from the beginning before the save is even fully loaded.
Devices running Android:

RvanWijk

Post by RvanWijk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:30 pm

So when I saved it in Castelia City where the talking is going to start and after that it crashes i'm screwed now? haha damn I have to start over I think? Ik can play with the C-gear on but when I enter Castelia City I have to turn it off? Is this right?

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Im not 100% sure on save states and stuff with this bug. All i know is if the C-Gear is on it will crash the game as soon as you enter that city. So you could try turning the C-Gear off as soon as you load the savestate and try that
Devices running Android:

RvanWijk

Post by RvanWijk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:55 pm

Yes and that is the problem... my last save is already in the city when my rival is talking on that moment you can't access the c-gear so I have to wait when he is done talking but when he does he is entering the city and that is the crash moment.. So I have no clue how I can enter the c-gear now..