Bowser's Inside Story

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Sean
Bowser's Inside Story

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:38 am

This is the first game I've had compatabiliy issues with a game causing it to not be playable. I know from reading the changelog that this game has only been supported since 2.1.0, but I cannot progress through the game. It works flawlessly except that in battle, attacks dont show their damage number. However, once you get to the first battle when you are playing as bowser, the display goes black and the music plays on. You cannot interact.

Sean

Re: Bowser's Inside Story

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:05 am

Note: this part of the game can be bypassed by copying to DeSmuME, completing it, and copying back.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:17 am

Yeah, this game is really finicky with timing. Not sure how much better it'll get going forward. Does anyone know if it works on nds4droid?

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Exophase wrote:Yeah, this game is really finicky with timing. Not sure how much better it'll get going forward. Does anyone know if it works on nds4droid?
Yeah, it works on nds4droid. I took my DraStic save and put it in nds4droid's folder and then tried to get past the freezing part. It worked.

xGary

Post by xGary » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:00 am

I was actually able to get past that part by messing with the settings. Unfortunately, it seemed to be really hit or miss and I tried recreating it but it won't work.

However, I have encountered this bug again at the part where Bowser has to pull that entire island over and am unable to get past it.

xGary

Post by xGary » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:10 am

Sean wrote:
Exophase wrote:Yeah, this game is really finicky with timing. Not sure how much better it'll get going forward. Does anyone know if it works on nds4droid?
Yeah, it works on nds4droid. I took my DraStic save and put it in nds4droid's folder and then tried to get past the freezing part. It worked.
How did you get that to work? I took my .dss save file from DraStic and put it in the savestate folder of nds4droid which takes .ds# files where # is the number of the save state. I changed the .dss to .ds1 and while nds4droid recognized the save state, when I tried to load it, nothing happened.

Sean

Post by Sean » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:32 pm

xGary wrote:
Sean wrote:
How did you get that to work? I took my .dss save file from DraStic and put it in the savestate folder of nds4droid which takes .ds# files where # is the number of the save state. I changed the .dss to .ds1 and while nds4droid recognized the save state, when I tried to load it, nothing happened.
You go to backups and use the dsv save. Note: after the island, there is another battle with the sea pipe statue right after that which freezes too. And another battle with broggy right after that. It is much better to use pc desmume, because it takes forever to get past on nds4droid.

xGary

Post by xGary » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Sean wrote: You go to backups and use the dsv save. Note: after the island, there is another battle with the sea pipe statue right after that which freezes too. And another battle with broggy right after that. It is much better to use pc desmume, because it takes forever to get past on nds4droid.
Yea, I should've read the FAQ first, my bad. Thanks!