Possible workarounds for missing ROM issues

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Exophase
Possible workarounds for missing ROM issues

Post by Exophase » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:29 am

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that we're aware of some issues with ROMs not showing up in certain devices, and are working on updates including full SAF support which we'd like to have in the next coming weeks. But in the mean time per our investigations we've found some things that can possibly help if you're experiencing these issues:

If you can't access the file browser, make sure your ROM:
1. Isn't in /storage/emulated/0/Android (move it somewhere else)
2. Isn't on an external SD card or USB storage (only internal storage /storage/emulated/0 aka /sdcard is supported at this moment)
3. Isn't in too deep of a folder (e.g. /storage/emulated/0/a/b/c/d/e/f/g/game.nds won't work, but /storage/emulated/0/a/game.nds or /storage/emulated/0/a/b/game.nds should work)
4. Is actually a valid ROM; If your ROMs are compressed (e.g. rar, zip, 7z), try unzipping at least one to one of the tested-working locations above
5. Isn't in /storage/emulated/0/Download (we cannot reproduce issues with this folder ourselves, but there's a chance some versions of Android may restrict it)

We'd also like to track specific issues in responses here, or on the Discord (we're currently more active there). If you've verified all of the above and cleared the application data to reset the file browser and you still cannot access your ROMs, please tell us your exact device model and where your ROM is located on your device's internal storage. We'd like to work with you on this directly if possible and if need be acquire the devices to try to reproduce the issue.

MK73DS

Re: Possible workarounds for missing ROM issues

Post by MK73DS » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:45 am

Exophase wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:29 am
We'd also like to track specific issues in responses here, or on the Discord (we're currently more active there).
I am very sorry but I can't find a link to join the Discord server, both in the app and in this forum. Is the server private?

fox_whisper85

Re: Possible workarounds for missing ROM issues

Post by fox_whisper85 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:23 pm

Is this related to Scoped Storage affected users? My phone forcibly updated to Android 11 and SS essentially rendered DraStic unusable due to this. ROMs cannot be accessed.