Warioware DIY save?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
rankcody
Warioware DIY save?

Post by rankcody » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:14 pm

I've recently discovered the lovely DoujinSoft Store, which is a community archive for WarioWare microgames and other media. One of the features I was looking forwards to using was the cart system. The way it works is that you browse the archive, and add stuff you like to the cart. Then, you could provide a Warioware save and have the stuff that you put into the cart added to the save without much hassle.

However, it doesn't seem to work with the .dsv save file found in Drastic's backup folder, saying that it's an invalid file. Looking online, it seems that WarioWare uses an unusual save format called NAND? Would it be possible to convert the .dsv file to this NAND file? I would also settle for a blank WarioWare save file, as long as I would be able to play the save on Drastic. Thanks in advance.

kaikun97

Re: Warioware DIY save?

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:32 am

They expect a .sav file, but unfortunately there is no set standard for this game due to its unusual save size.
Drastic uses the Desmume save format.

For example most R4 carts use a 32MB .fix.sav file,
Twilightmenu++ on a DSi or 3DS uses a 16MB .sav file
and Drastic uses a 32MB .dsv file.

Their site says they want a 32MB save so you could try and rename it to .sav and see if it works but there is no guarantee it will work. Make sure to rename it back to .dsv afterwards.

rankcody

Post by rankcody » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:12 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:32 am
They expect a .sav file, but unfortunately there is no set standard for this game due to its unusual save size.

Their site says they want a 32MB save so you could try and rename it to .sav and see if it works but there is no guarantee it will work. Make sure to rename it back to .dsv afterwards.
Thanks for the reply. I just tried this, and it gave the same "Invalid file." error.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:49 pm

rankcody wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:12 pm
kaikun97 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:32 am

Thanks for the reply. I just tried this, and it gave the same "Invalid file." error.
Unfortunately its probably expecting a .sav file from an R4 Flashcart or similar then. For quite some time that was the only way to play the game and be able to save which is probably why they only support that one.

I suppose you could find a way to contact them and see if they will support the format Drastic uses. It should be the same format as the Desmume emulator.

Alternatively, try this tool: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1008/

It seems that place lets you download the MIO files of the minigames manually which you can use that tool to import directly into the savefile (again you may need to rename to .sav). From what I remember it supports more save formats.