Fast Forward is Lagging...

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Nerevarine
Fast Forward is Lagging...

Post by Nerevarine » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:30 am

Hi, sorry for my poor english, it's not my first language

i'm searching on the forum and internet, I find similar topics but it not helped realy :(

I have an issue on my s20 advice with fast forward and I don't know why. Before I was on galaxy s7 and it worked perfectly.

Fast forward with 400% is lagging like a drop fast working as I can read (400% to 150 or less) I'm playing with a diaporama, 15 fps maximum for every game. The lightest game is running bad (urbz for exemple)

I tried every configuration, without frame skip, with manual and max frame skip, with sleep in render threading, with lower performance, max performance...

The application is looks like too. When I'm going to options and swap for audio into video or whatever it's not instant, it needs 1 seconde

On my older device everything was fine.

Its android 10 ? Was on 8.0 on galaxy s7...

Thanks a lot

Nerevarine

Re: Fast Forward is Lagging...

Post by Nerevarine » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:48 am

Hi,

I'm updating this post with some reviews:

- Looks like Golden Sun: Dark Dawn crush Drastic. On others with some manipulations it's ok but this game is realy "hard"
- With game optimazer from Samsung it looks like ok on 400%
- I've got Android 11 yesterday (not sure if it's important)
- If played on low battery, processor is weaker
- Play with safe frameskip is realy better (better then auto mod)

BUT I still have the lagging and they played yoyo.

Like 390-410% to 50% top 800%+...

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Nerevarine wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:30 am

i'm searching on the forum and internet, I find similar topics but it not helped realy :(

I have an issue on my s20 advice with fast forward and I don't know why. Before I was on galaxy s7 and it worked perfectly.

Fast forward with 400% is lagging like a drop fast working as I can read (400% to 150 or less) I'm playing with a diaporama, 15 fps maximum for every game. The lightest game is running bad (urbz for exemple)

I tried every configuration, without frame skip, with manual and max frame skip, with sleep in render threading, with lower performance, max performance...

The application is looks like too. When I'm going to options and swap for audio into video or whatever it's not instant, it needs 1 seconde

Thanks a lot
Drastic does not work very well on the Galaxy S20 and older versions would crash. Blame Samsung for that for modifying their OneUI version of Android so much. All I can say is that the fast forward option essentially disables the frame-limiter. See how it works when fast forward mode is set to Unlimited instead of 400%.

You could also try increasing the framerate stabilizer a bit in Settings -> Advanced. That slider controls the amount of artificial CPU load Drastic uses because some phones perform worse with a light CPU load in emulators due to how their power saving features work. If this slider works, make sure you keep turning it down untill it runs at an acceptable speed for you because a higher value will drain the battery faster.

Also make sure Multi-Threaded 3D Rendering is turned off. It causes a lot of glitches and is designed for old and slow phones, your S20 is fast enough to not require it.

Nerevarine

Post by Nerevarine » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:08 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:55 pm
Nerevarine wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:30 am

Thanks a lot
Drastic does not work very well on the Galaxy S20 and older versions would crash. Blame Samsung for that for modifying their OneUI version of Android so much. All I can say is that the fast forward option essentially disables the frame-limiter. See how it works when fast forward mode is set to Unlimited instead of 400%.

You could also try increasing the framerate stabilizer a bit in Settings -> Advanced. That slider controls the amount of artificial CPU load Drastic uses because some phones perform worse with a light CPU load in emulators due to how their power saving features work. If this slider works, make sure you keep turning it down untill it runs at an acceptable speed for you because a higher value will drain the battery faster.

Also make sure Multi-Threaded 3D Rendering is turned off. It causes a lot of glitches and is designed for old and slow phones, your S20 is fast enough to not require it.

Oh, that's why. Not surprised. I don't know If it's important but I have the Exynos version, not Snapdragon (... :( )
I'm going to set ton unlimited and do manipulations what you tell me

Thanks a lot for answers !!!

Edit:

- Unlimited is way better but still the problem but I know how to "fix" that... its on/off everytime the % is under 100% not the funniest thing to do but it looks like working
- Framerate stabilizer does nothing (or I can't realy see)
- MT 3D is always off ^^

Nerevarine

Post by Nerevarine » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:27 am

Hey,

Just an add and I guess we can lock this topic:

It looks like only two games are now "broken": golden sun & pokemon b&w 2, without FF, they run correctly with drop (same on normal ds btw)

I guess it's now ok

Thanks for help <3

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:55 am

Nerevarine wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:27 am
Hey,

Just an add and I guess we can lock this topic:

It looks like only two games are now "broken": golden sun & pokemon b&w 2, without FF, they run correctly with drop (same on normal ds btw)

I guess it's now ok

Thanks for help <3
Those two games are pretty particularly demanding and harder to run which explains it.