Can you guys make a 3ds emu soon?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
bryan365
Can you guys make a 3ds emu soon?

Post by bryan365 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:59 am

Im really looking forward for a 3ds emulator by far drastic is one of the best ds emulators out there then im thinking is it possible to creats such emulator I will totaly but it but Ill try a demo version of it first I really want to see the people that made drastic grow to become powerful and make gamers thier day thank you :D :ds:

slamandar

Re: Can you guys make a 3ds emu soon?

Post by slamandar » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:35 am

Hi @bryan365!! What’s up?

There is the thing:

Have you seen how long it took to someone create a DS emulator? It happened because it’s not easy to create emulators. I don’t understand the reasons, actually, because I’m a mere user of emulators and no programmer, but, it looks like before programming a emulator, someone needs to make some kind of reverse engineering of the console itself, and it takes a long long time!

So, we can’t expect no 3DS soon!! Our only choice is to buy the console or wait a looooonnnng time!!
advice : Just buy the 3ds and games. Or wait 7 years for beta build, your choice.
Hope I could help!!

See yah!!
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French !

bryan365

Post by bryan365 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:10 am

Oh man thats a long time man I was really hopinb one soon

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:49 pm

bryan365 wrote:Oh man thats a long time man I was really hopinb one soon
Actually, you may wait a lot longer than that. 3ds is a lot more complex than people give credit for. There may even be a chance it may never be emulated unless youre using some server level pc.
Behold my mighty

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
Actually, you may wait a lot longer than that. 3ds is a lot more complex than people give credit for. There may even be a chance it may never be emulated unless youre using some server level pc.
Once the 3DS is fully exploited it wont be hard because we are only emulating an ARM11 cpu. Heck it may even be possible to hypervise on some armv6 deviced using a arm11 cpu but to be honest the specs are nothing power for a 3DS when you compare it to other game consoes that have emulators on android

autofire

Post by autofire » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:32 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
Once the 3DS is fully exploited it wont be hard because we are only emulating an ARM11 cpu. Heck it may even be possible to hypervise on some armv6 deviced using a arm11 cpu but to be honest the specs are nothing power for a 3DS when you compare it to other game consoes that have emulators on android
I take it you are referring mainly to PPSSPP?

bryan365

Post by bryan365 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Well I guess we wont find out until the creators themself say so I guess, right?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:07 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
emulating the cpu is not the same as emulating a whole console. yes emulating the cpu is halfway there but keep in mind that it also needs to emulate the 3ds' important components which is required for gameplay. theres things like timing and memory management and other tangibles and intangibles thart must also be considered.
Behold my mighty