ROMs not loading anymore

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
nbsoda
ROMs not loading anymore

Post by nbsoda » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:16 am

Hi, i'm posting this because i haven't seen my issue around this forum.
I bought DraStic aprox. 1 or 2 years ago and i keep it up to date, and has always worked fine (my phone is a Xiaomi MiA3).
When i first downloaded the app, i also downloaded a ton of ROMs i planned to play in the future. I opened some of them and made a savestate before advancing in any of the games. Now, quite some time after, i'm getting around to play some games again now that i have time, but i keep getting these in-game error screens in some games when i try to load the ROMs. The games say "initialising backup data" "resetting default data" and then something like "unable to access backup memory/unable to access game card to save game/loading data failed, please reinsert Game Card".
It even happens with games i've been playing recently, like Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, that now says "loading save data" and then "sava data corrupted, please reinsert the Game Card" when i try to start it anew.

This didn't happen before, and in some of the games that i did make a savestate just after opening it (or those i've been playing and have made constant savestates) i can still access those savestate and resume play, but not start them anew.

I don't really know the emulator equivalent of reinserting the game cards, so i try to reset the games and it still says the same. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the same ROMs, and still nothing. I've tried deleting and downloading a different ROM of the same games from different sites, and still, nothing.

I'm at a loss and don't know what to do, any help?

dsattorney

Re: ROMs not loading anymore

Post by dsattorney » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 am

Have you tried deleting the save files that are already present? They should be on the backup folder of your Drastic folder.
OBJECTION!

nbsoda

Post by nbsoda » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:01 pm

but the drastic saves are the only thing allowing me to access the game and somehow play from there; the biggest issue is with games that i hadn't opened before and haven't made any saves, and they still don't load when i start them

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Savestates <> Saves
OBJECTION!

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:08 pm

nbsoda wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:16 am
Hi, i'm posting this because i haven't seen my issue around this forum.
I bought DraStic aprox. 1 or 2 years ago and i keep it up to date, and has always worked fine (my phone is a Xiaomi MiA3).
When i first downloaded the app, i also downloaded a ton of ROMs i planned to play in the future. I opened some of them and made a savestate before advancing in any of the games. Now, quite some time after, i'm getting around to play some games again now that i have time, but i keep getting these in-game error screens in some games when i try to load the ROMs. The games say "initialising backup data" "resetting default data" and then something like "unable to access backup memory/unable to access game card to save game/loading data failed, please reinsert Game Card".
It even happens with games i've been playing recently, like Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, that now says "loading save data" and then "sava data corrupted, please reinsert the Game Card" when i try to start it anew.

This didn't happen before, and in some of the games that i did make a savestate just after opening it (or those i've been playing and have made constant savestates) i can still access those savestate and resume play, but not start them anew.

I don't really know the emulator equivalent of reinserting the game cards, so i try to reset the games and it still says the same. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the same ROMs, and still nothing. I've tried deleting and downloading a different ROM of the same games from different sites, and still, nothing.

I'm at a loss and don't know what to do, any help?
None of the games are able to write their save data to their respective .DSV files. This usually means the game database file is missing from your Drastic folder in your phone storage (game_database.xml).

This file tells drastic the save format to use for most games so if its missing, most games won't work correctly. You may have accidentally deleted this file if Drastic worked before.

I would advise backing up your savestate folder with a file manager and then deleting the Drastic folder, when you load the app again, it will remake all the needed files. Then you can copy your savestates folder back.