LoZ Phantom Hourglass

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Ba6yHULK
LoZ Phantom Hourglass

Post by Ba6yHULK » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm stuck in phantom hourglass. I'm using the salvage arm, and every time I get close to the surface the game crashes. I've only used save states up until this point, so unless this can be corrected, my progress will be lost. I'm using the latest beta. I believe I've attached the correct save state.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfj55qg9yfg4l ... lass_8.dss

Ba6yHULK

Re: LoZ Phantom Hourglass

Post by Ba6yHULK » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:19 am

Has anyone been able to test the save? Maybe it's my phone? I have an S4..if someone could even get it past this part and save I would be extremely greatful.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:47 am

Sorry, we need a little more time to get to it. Probably will this weekend.

Since we're only hearing about this pretty recently there's a good chance it's a regression somewhere. Hopefully nothing too severe.

Ailments

Post by Ailments » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:36 pm

I jist starting having the problem too the other day. In fact. It's the reason I made this account. It's good to know I'm not alone in this. I'm very close to the end too.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:21 pm

can someone upload a dsv file? dss files are unreliable esp. for me who needs to check the game from older versions to newer ones.
Behold my mighty

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:41 am

To anyone who has this problem:

It would be good to get some more information. I tried to reproduce the issue starting from an in-game save, but it doesn't crash.
It only crashes when using one of your savestates.
So could you please try to make an in-game save, reset the game and load that in-game save again. Then try to reproduce the issue from there.
It's possible that there is some problem captured in the savestate.
It's also possible, that it only happens under specific conditions. Maybe at a certain spot, or with certain cheats enabled.

Ba6yHULK

Post by Ba6yHULK » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:28 pm

I was dumb and used solely save states. I haven't used any cheats at all while playing. I believe I was salvaging treasure on the top left map towards the right.. Either that or the bottom left. I know that probably doesn't help.

I've also tried the save in several older versions of the emulator, and instead of kicking back to the main menu it hangs on the transition. (screen is white and audio loops).

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Savestates aren't generally compatible with older versions (although the opposite is supposed to hold, they should work in newer versions) We should probably add a check for this to prevent you from loading them.

Ailments

Post by Ailments » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Unfortunately. I too, only use quick saves. However, I know where I was salvaging when it crashed. I'm stuck saved right when I was pulling it up. But I know it's right next to Zauz 's island in the NorthWestern sea. I don't know if its just a problem with that salvage location, but the fact that the other guy is crashed there too is uncanny.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:27 am

Ailments wrote:Unfortunately. I too, only use quick saves. However, I know where I was salvaging when it crashed. I'm stuck saved right when I was pulling it up. But I know it's right next to Zauz 's island in the NorthWestern sea. I don't know if its just a problem with that salvage location, but the fact that the other guy is crashed there too is uncanny.
unless we can reproduce it on an ingame save and the report is more prevalent (more than 3 confirmed reports), its not too uncanny. savestates are too unreliable for us.
Behold my mighty