Remove touch lag

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Fefo
Remove touch lag

Post by Fefo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:02 am

Between several games I've been playing the touch lag always make me screw something or play in a crap way to alleviate this. Is there a way to reduce/remove it?

I'm aware of the technical limitation of capacitive touchscreens, but I'm pretty sure that touch processing (either by Android or DraStic) also takes a tool.

I'm on Nexus 4 running a rooted custom ROM, so non standard solutions are also helpful.

---

Side-question: Can "you" post a beta changelog? Having a question answered with "It was fixed on the new beta" is pretty annoying for those outside it, and asking for ETA is annoying for both.

---

Thanks.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Jay Haru

Re: Remove touch lag

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Fefo wrote:Between several games I've been playing the touch lag always make me screw something or play in a crap way to alleviate this. Is there a way to reduce/remove it?

I'm aware of the technical limitation of capacitive touchscreens, but I'm pretty sure that touch processing (either by Android or DraStic) also takes a tool.

I'm on Nexus 4 running a rooted custom ROM, so non standard solutions are also helpful.

---

Side-question: Can "you" post a beta changelog? Having a question answered with "It was fixed on the new beta" is pretty annoying for those outside it, and asking for ETA is annoying for both.

---

Thanks.
as exo mentioned, this is a limitation that isnt really easily resolved. there is no easy way to decrease something like 100ms lag in touch emulation.

as for your second question, everyone is allowed to use the beta so i dont understand the stance of those outside it being annoyed unless they are pirates that cant access it. the changelog is included in the beta too. why we dont post changelogs is a matter of it as it is. a beta. we inform people to get the beta so we can get feedbacks from those that encountered the issues.
Behold my mighty

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:17 pm

So I can't quote. Hmmm...

Thanks Jay.

So everything I feel is only hardware lag? Been playing TWEWY and Puzzle League and it's damn crippling.

As for the beta for me is just that I don't know how much I need to deal with G+. Had lost nothing of value by not using it (and FB and else) and still don't fell like it.

UPDATE: So I've just opted-in to be a beta tester, with no G+ shenaningans involved. Pretty slick. Now I just wait my approval and redownload afterwards?
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:16 am

Fefo wrote:So I can't quote. Hmmm...

Thanks Jay.

So everything I feel is only hardware lag? Been playing TWEWY and Puzzle League and it's damn crippling.

As for the beta for me is just that I don't know how much I need to deal with G+. Had lost nothing of value by not using it (and FB and else) and still don't fell like it.

UPDATE: So I've just opted-in to be a beta tester, with no G+ shenaningans involved. Pretty slick. Now I just wait my approval and redownload afterwards?
no. just follow the instructions on how to get the beta on google play. the approval has already been lifted and registration automatically gives you beta privilages.
Behold my mighty

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:16 am

Fefo wrote:So I can't quote. Hmmm...

Thanks Jay.

i think its the time it takes to convert the capacitive touch to the emulated resistive touch and not necessarily the hardware. also, the emulated audio adds a bit more lag since it also goes to the same process so theres that as well.

no. just follow the instructions on how to get the beta on google play. the approval has already been lifted and registration automatically gives you beta privilages. theres a post here in announcements and some links so follow them. it takes just 15 minutes more or less iirc to complete it. ont worry, theres no surveys involved :D
Behold my mighty

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:38 am

Do I get any confirmation? Looks like it's not working. Uninstalled and redownloaded, still r2.2.0.2a.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:52 am

There is no confirmation, after opting-in, you should just automatically get the beta when you install from Google Play.
The version is still the same, but if you go to 'Help', you can see the build number which should be 'build 38' for the beta.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks, I'm on build 38.

Some bugs I'd reported are still present:

- Snap doesn't work on edit buttons;
- No reverse landscape;
- Forced immersive mode cause a UI glitch: http://bayimg.com/dALkpaafC
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH