Can I play with a custom clock that updates?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Elizeon
Can I play with a custom clock that updates?

Post by Elizeon » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi,

First of all I love this app and bought it a few months back.

I am currently playing animal crossing and am hoping to change the custom clock 6 months ahead or behind the current time so that the seasons are in the southern hemisphere, so that it feels like it's the real weather in the game (instead of winter when it's summer here!)

It seems like a small thing but... It'd be really nice!

I could use such a feature to change the time of day
ahead a couple hours so that the in game shops open and close later each day. (IIRC I did this on my DS)

It seems I can set a custom clock, but if I do that the time never advances even if I close and relaunch the game.
Unfortunately the passing of time is necessary to really play this game, and I wouldn't want to change the custom clock each time I play (plus there's a warning about it breaking saves!), so it seems I'm stuck with northern hemisphere seasons for now.

Are custom times that can advance a potential feature that you'd consider implementing?

Or, is it already possible in the app and I'm missing it?

Liz
Last edited by Elizeon on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaikun97

Re: Can I play with a custom clock that updates?

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:05 pm

The custom clock setting in the System settings of Drastic should work the same as changing the time on a real DS. Make sure that "Enable Custom Clock" is enabled and then "Always use System time for RTC" is disabled.

Also make sure you are not using savestates, make sure you use the in-game saves and load saves from inside the game because savestates cause problems with the time & date settings.

Elizeon

Post by Elizeon » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:03 am

Thanks! I'll give that another go. Maybe I was using save states at the time.

Elizeon

Post by Elizeon » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:05 am

Unfortunately it's still not working. The day won't change from Thursday 11/2 in animal crossing. This is how my settings look. Is something wrong? What could be causing it?
I am not using savestates, but instead saving and quitting then re launching game. Time remains same.

Elizeon

Post by Elizeon » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:07 am

I don't think the screenshot upload worked, but the settings were as you described (system time off, custom time on)