Many crashes in Final Fantasy IV

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Talexius91
Many crashes in Final Fantasy IV

Post by Talexius91 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:40 am

I have had several problems with Drastic (r2.2.0.2a) and this game (FF IV DS, EUR). I have cheats not enabled.

Basically, in some battles the app crashes. It just pushes me back to the main menu :evil:

If I create a savestate a few seconds before a crash happens, then the crash is going to be exactly the same.

It is weird, but I'd have found a solution. In the beginning, if I put the frameskip value in 7, 8 or 9 and begin from a savestate seconds before a crash, then it all was perfect, but now even if I do that, a lot of crashes persist. Maybe, I think a crash occurs when de cpu-speed is lowest, because activating the frameskip makes the cpu-speed faster (I have a Motorola Moto G, it is possible this device is not suffice to run Drastic and some games, I think).

I'm sorry for my english, I'm mexican.

Jay Haru

Re: Many crashes in Final Fantasy IV

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:50 am

Talexius91 wrote:I have had several problems with Drastic (r2.2.0.2a) and this game (FF IV DS, EUR). I have cheats not enabled.

Basically, in some battles the app crashes. It just pushes me back to the main menu :evil:

If I create a savestate a few seconds before a crash happens, then the crash is going to be exactly the same.

It is weird, but I'd have found a solution. In the beginning, if I put the frameskip value in 7, 8 or 9 and begin from a savestate seconds before a crash, then it all was perfect, but now even if I do that, a lot of crashes persist. Maybe, I think a crash occurs when de cpu-speed is lowest, because activating the frameskip makes the cpu-speed faster (I have a Motorola Moto G, it is possible this device is not suffice to run Drastic and some games, I think).

I'm sorry for my english, I'm mexican.
i dont have the eur version but have you tried the us version? it may be more stable with the app...
Behold my mighty

Talexius91

Post by Talexius91 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:30 am

Thanks but I test it right now and the problem is exactly the same.

Talexius91

Post by Talexius91 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:06 pm

When you said 'I don't have the Eur version', you mean you have played FF IV and you haven't had a crash?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Talexius91 wrote:When you said 'I don't have the Eur version', you mean you have played FF IV and you haven't had a crash?
well, not currently. i will check it again next time as its already way past evening here. i do use the us version.
Behold my mighty

Talexius91

Post by Talexius91 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Well, I didn't expect this: I downloaded the 2.1.5.1a version (sorry, I did not pay it, but I paid for the app once...) and guess what? There's no a crash at all.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Talexius91 wrote:Well, I didn't expect this: I downloaded the 2.1.5.1a version (sorry, I did not pay it, but I paid for the app once...) and guess what? There's no a crash at all.
this may be a case of game regression so thanks for that info. it sometimes happen when we make improvements and as such, we make some games do weird things.
Behold my mighty

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:47 am

delete savestates.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:23 am

beeflot wrote:delete savestates.
id rther he first try trimming his rom. that may fix his issues as ff4 ran fine on my tab.
Behold my mighty

Talexius91

Post by Talexius91 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:12 am

beeflot wrote:delete savestates.
Does this even make sense? I won't delete a savestate. That's not the problem. As I said, I've been playing on 2.1.5.1a and zero crashes. I'm close to defeat Zeromus now.