golden sun dark dawn problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
elibugi12
golden sun dark dawn problems

Post by elibugi12 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:01 am

this game run very well on my galaxy s4 with a decent speed but steel have couple of annoying glitches:
*when there is a cutscene The upper screen is Flickering alot and slow the game and its on every cutscene even when using summons
*when i enter to the game via savestate there is alot of problems with the sound
I really hope there is a solution for this cause i really like this game (sorry for my bad english )

Exophase

Re: golden sun dark dawn problems

Post by Exophase » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:46 am

The graphical issues are because of frameskip. Some games just can't run without graphical glitches while skipping frames, and this is one of them.

elibugi12

Post by elibugi12 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:51 am

So that is mean there is no solution for this right now?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:04 am

elibugi12 wrote:So that is mean there is no solution for this right now?
right now yes. in any case, if your device is powerful enuf, you can turn frameskip off so the glitches wont happen. downside is that it would be slow on low to medium end devices esp on 3d heavy parts.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:18 pm

elibugi12 wrote:So that is mean there is no solution for this right now?
I'm afraid not. I tried to see if there was some kind of heuristic to make it play nice with frameskip but I couldn't find anything. For a later version I would like to make a "safe" frameskip option which only skips parts it knows are safe to skip - that won't give the same performance but it'll be better than no frameskip at all. Some games are just very expensive to emulate, that's the unfortunate nature of things.. maybe some more optimizations can be made, but I wouldn't hold out for much more improvements for this particular game.

The audio problems after savestates sounds like a real bug that can/should be fixed. The game uses hard to emulate audio features that aren't really being emulated properly yet, what it's actually doing with the emulation might have problems leading to what you're seeing.