Launching games from the shortcuts causes DraStic to crash

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Antonil
Launching games from the shortcuts causes DraStic to crash

Post by Antonil » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:49 am

Hey ! When I launch any game from their shortcuts, DraStic crashes. This issue stays until I delete the "DraStic Nintendo DS Emulator" notification and I remove the app from the recent ones.
To launch a game without problem I've to do throught In-App main menu.

SolaireofRivia

Re: Launching games from the shortcuts causes DraStic to crash

Post by SolaireofRivia » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Sorry for bumping this, but I was wondering if you ever found a solution to this problem? I haven't been able to launch Drasitc games via shortcuts without crashing either, even after some updates, been happening for the past year or so now.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:40 am

SolaireofRivia wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:29 pm
Sorry for bumping this, but I was wondering if you ever found a solution to this problem? I haven't been able to launch Drasitc games via shortcuts without crashing either, even after some updates, been happening for the past year or so now.
I am not able to reproduce this bug, I tested a game shortcut multiple times and it loads fine every time. What Device and which Android version do you have?

SolaireofRivia

Post by SolaireofRivia » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:28 am

kaikun97 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:40 am
I am not able to reproduce this bug, I tested a game shortcut multiple times and it loads fine every time. What Device and which Android version do you have?
Samsung A3 (2017), running Android 8.0. Games don't always crash from shortcuts, but crash about half or so of the time. From what I remember, it would often simply crash back to Drastic's main menu. I did try setting it not to auto-load save states with shortcuts, but that didn't seem to help. Minimising the app to check something else, than re-opening through the regular Drastic app shortcut would often cause it to crash as well if the game was originally started through a shortcut. Unsure if these crashes created logs or not (most crashes I've gotten in Drastic don't seem to create dumps). I do have a crash dump and IR file from back in May in my Drastic folder currently, which I think is around the last time I used shortcuts, but not 100% certain.

Other than this, I very occasionally get crashes when first starting Drastic (normally) or loading a game, but it's rather rare and always works on my second attempt. Very rarely get crashes while in-game, and it's usually been an issue with the ROM dump on the few occasions where I have.