Can you save in game?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
skieis
Can you save in game?

Post by skieis » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm playing Animal Crossing Wild Word right now, but the game requires me to save in game (for events, and specific daily occurrences). If I save in game, will it mess up the emulator/rom? If I can, should I also make a save state after I save in game?

also this is just a random question but when I want to resume a save state should I press load new game?

Jay Haru

Re: Can you save in game?

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:08 pm

skieis wrote:I'm playing Animal Crossing Wild Word right now, but the game requires me to save in game (for events, and specific daily occurrences). If I save in game, will it mess up the emulator/rom? If I can, should I also make a save state after I save in game?

also this is just a random question but when I want to resume a save state should I press load new game?

you can use both ingame saves and savestates on the game. just be careful as the default is that savestates also save ingame saves so if you load an old savestate, it may overwtie a recent ingame save. if you turn it off in the adavnced options, you would be fine.

as for your question, if you wanna load a savestate (recent) just press continue but if you wanted it specifically, the yes, choose load new game then coninue saved game and choose fromyour states.
Behold my mighty

tomkatt

Re: Can you save in game?

Post by tomkatt » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
skieis wrote:I'm playing Animal Crossing Wild Word right now, but the game requires me to save in game (for events, and specific daily occurrences). If I save in game, will it mess up the emulator/rom? If I can, should I also make a save state after I save in game?

you can use both ingame saves and savestates on the game. just be careful as the default is that savestates also save ingame saves so if you load an old savestate, it may overwtie a recent ingame save.
I had a scary moment related to this a while back where I thought I'd lost about 4 hours of progress due to switching between save states and my actual gamesave loading an earlier one. Loaded up the save state and it was fine though.