Page 20 of 25

Re: Savegame problems

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:33 pm
by curarpickt
lalalala44 wrote:I started to play harvest moon ds on my pc in desmume and now i want to continue to play it on drastic. I copied the DSV-File to the backup folder in drastic but when i start the game i cant continue the game only start a new game. the rom and the DSV-Files have the same name. Can you help me ?
lalalala44 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
lalalala44 wrote:I started to play harvest moon ds on my pc in desmume and now i want to continue to play it on drastic. I copied the DSV-File to the backup folder in drastic but when i start the game i cant continue the game only start a new game. the rom and the DSV-Files have the same name. Can you help me ?
if your desmume version is 9.10+ there may be some issues with compatibility. i suggest you try saving the game using 0.9.9

ok i now started the game with desmume 0.9.9 loaded the game and saved it again but drastic still dont reads it

i have same problem with this, i play Harvest Moon DS in desmume (ill try in version 0.9.9 too), and i want to play on drastic, but i cant load my save game only start a new game

i used drastic version 2.2.1.1a

hope you can help me
thanks and regards

Re: Savegame problems

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:07 am
by mcravinhos
Hi there!

I'm having a problem with a game and I hope you can help me. I was playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney on DraStic, was already at case 4, and my phone died, taking my saves with him... I didn't have any backup (my fault), and now I that I bought another phone, I just want to continue the game. I found some saves online, all in .sav format, I converted them with desmume, but they didn't work when I try to load in the app.

I just want to play the game (I do have the original DS cart in my collection), so if you can help me I would love it. If possible, you can just send me a converted save which works.

Thanks a lot

Re: Savegame problems

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:12 am
by StellaDeus
Not sure if this is where I should post but I think I've solved the problem of transferring in-game saves between Desmume and Drastic. Here is my method:

Save from Drastic->Desmume: copy in-game .dsv file from battery folder, paste somewhere on PC, manually edit extension to .sav, open Desmume, click Import Backup Memory, import .sav file, load it from start menu in-game!

Save from Desmume->Drastic: copy in-game .dsv file from battery folder, paste in battery folder, load it from start menu in-game!

In other words, it seems like Drastic has no problem using Desmume files but Desmume needs to import Drastic files to make it work. One final note, you should have the option "save ingame saves as save states" (something like that) unchecked in Drastic. Hope that helps people.

Re: Savegame problems

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:37 am
by Exophase
StellaDeus wrote:One final note, you should have the option "save ingame saves as save states" (something like that) unchecked in Drastic. Hope that helps people.
The option is to save ingame saves IN save states, and you generally don't want to uncheck this. What it means is that when you save a savestate it also includes the in-game saves, so if you load the savestate again and try to load an in-game save it'll have whatever saves were there when you made the savestate. If you uncheck this option it'll decouple the two, which can end up causing desyncs confusing/breaking some games.

Re: Savegame problems

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:19 pm
by StellaDeus
Hey Exophase, I unchecked that option a long time ago so I'm not sure it matters here. I have some vague recollection that the effect of it having it checked was that an in-game save wouldn't show up in the battery folder as a .dsv. However I could definitely be wrong. Maybe I should just have said that while transferring the .dsv files I didn't have it checked and everything worked fine. I might go and test later if my recollection about that option is correct. But my main point in posting was to mention the .dsv to .sav trick which finally allowed me to open the Drastic saves in Desmume.

Re: Savegame problems

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:39 pm
by Exophase
StellaDeus wrote:Hey Exophase, I unchecked that option a long time ago so I'm not sure it matters here. I have some vague recollection that the effect of it having it checked was that an in-game save wouldn't show up in the battery folder as a .dsv. However I could definitely be wrong. Maybe I should just have said that while transferring the .dsv files I didn't have it checked and everything worked fine. I might go and test later if my recollection about that option is correct. But my main point in posting was to mention the .dsv to .sav trick which finally allowed me to open the Drastic saves in Desmume.
Yeah, that option doesn't have anything to do with dsv files appearing in the backup directory, that will always happen. Whether or not unchecking the option ever causes problems will depend on the game and the play style.. the big problem encountered was in Pokemon games where it sees a save took place after your current gameplay position and determines your saves are corrupt.

Regarding DeSmuME, they changed the save handling code in 0.9.10 so it no longer loads .dsvs that don't have their footer. You're right, renaming to .sav is the best policy right now. In the future we want to add the footer.

Re: Savegame problems

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:27 pm
by Ironbat
I am playing mega man starforce Dragon and every once in a while I will lose my ingame save at various points in the game. Even though the save file is still there it won't show the continue option on the main menu for some strange reason.

Re: Savegame problems

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:01 pm
by gustavolatil
Nanashi no geemu (w/trans patch) crashes after the first day save. However i can continue the game by no saving (don't know if there will be a problem
later)

Re: Savegame problems

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:12 am
by K-kun
Lost all of my progress on all of my games, I can't play my latest save of ace attorattorney investigations because I keep getting a message illustrated in the image attached.

Re: Savegame problems

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:33 am
by Spawn2kill
Hi I just bought the app it worked great the first few days then my game saves all vanished saying that game save does not work or the game itself sais is not installed so I have to 're extract the game for zip then my saves still don't work saying not from this game???? Plz help them I get to one point where the game just freezes on like all my games before I get top a boss my games are all the castlevania series for the ds... and diamond pokemon..phone is a kyocera hydro xtrm..