Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
ABElite774
Re: Savegame problems

Post by ABElite774 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:16 pm

Exophase wrote:
ABElite774 wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was able to get their Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky in-game saves to work. In the changelog it says that the saving was fixed in 2.1.4, but mines doesn't work. What happens is that whenever I try to save the game I don't get that the save failed, I get that it completed, but when I go to the top menu it only gives me an option to start a new game. So basically I can save, but the save won't be recognized. I have tried the same ROM on my computer DS emulator, and the saving worked. Also, I have the latest version of Drastic, so that's not the problem. Thanks.
Sorry, it did work in 2.1.4a but not 2.1.5a. The reason why is because the save type changed in the database from 512KB flash to 128KB EEPROM. The latter is actually the correct one, but DraStic has a bug where 128KB doesn't work. It'll be fixed in the next version, but if you want to play it now it'll work if you replace the database file in /sdcard/DraStic with this one: game_database.xml
Thank you so much! Changing the database worked. This was bugging me all day.

joejoejoe3652

Post by joejoejoe3652 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi, I am having trouble transferring my .dsv from pokemon black 2 on drastic to desmume... I copied the dsv to the battery in desmume but it doesnt work and I cannot access the in game save (same vice versa); it just keep saying new game. Is there another way to switch saves between these 2 or is it just black 2's problem. Btw, i m using a patched version of black 2 since I heard the unpatch one has tons of anti pirate measures and is not playable

ClueUpAzn

Post by ClueUpAzn » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:14 am

Okay, first time posting here, so I have no idea whether someone's had this issue before. I was having problems with Pokemon Diamond and HeartGold, where the game just wouldn't start, and hit me with white screens despite it working like an hour before. I looked at the changelog today and saw that a couple of issues had been fixed, so I obviously hoped that the new version could help me with my problem. It didn't, so I downloaded the same rom again, and deleted the old one. New rom worked, but it didn't recognise my .dsv file, even after I had renamed the new rom etc. Now after all that waffle, here's the crux of my problem. I grabbed all my .dsv files before I updated, then just naively transferred them back into the same folder, believing they would work. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney does, but the Pokemon Diamond save just refuses to work. I don't know if it was the new rom, or if something else is deciding to screw me over, but I'd actually just really like both the game and the save to work.

I'm running a pirated version of DraStic, I'm ashamed to admit, but am legit in debt at the moment. Hoping I don't get flamed by some suck-up for having a pirated version like some other poor souls, seeing as I usually do support game companies I like, and fully intend to support DraStic as soon as I am able. I'm willing to take the time to help test solutions etc, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:49 am

ClueUpAzn wrote:Okay, first time posting here, so I have no idea whether someone's had this issue before. I was having problems with Pokemon Diamond and HeartGold, where the game just wouldn't start, and hit me with white screens despite it working like an hour before. I looked at the changelog today and saw that a couple of issues had been fixed, so I obviously hoped that the new version could help me with my problem. It didn't, so I downloaded the same rom again, and deleted the old one. New rom worked, but it didn't recognise my .dsv file, even after I had renamed the new rom etc. Now after all that waffle, here's the crux of my problem. I grabbed all my .dsv files before I updated, then just naively transferred them back into the same folder, believing they would work. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney does, but the Pokemon Diamond save just refuses to work. I don't know if it was the new rom, or if something else is deciding to screw me over, but I'd actually just really like both the game and the save to work.

I'm running a pirated version of DraStic, I'm ashamed to admit, but am legit in debt at the moment. Hoping I don't get flamed by some suck-up for having a pirated version like some other poor souls, seeing as I usually do support game companies I like, and fully intend to support DraStic as soon as I am able. I'm willing to take the time to help test solutions etc, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :)
i would be honest and say i hate pirates (or not really... used to prate tons of stuff before) whether the reason is legit or not. however, as you have the balls to admit it and ask help rather kindly, i will oblige.

if you used savestates (dss) and ingame saves (dsv) together in pokemon games, you may have triggered an error in which the savestate corrupts the ingame save. if this is the case, then i am sorry to inform you that your ingame save is not redeemable. ingame saves also carries the possiblity to corrupt by themselves so theres that.

There IS a way in solving this matter using savestates but unfortunately, pirated copies of drastic has problems with savestates. in the event that your savestates do work, check the stickies on information on how to make clean saves using savestates in pokemon.

other than that i advise that you buy the software as the devs worked hard and still do to make sure the community gets what it deserves.
Behold my mighty

ClueUpAzn

Post by ClueUpAzn » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Jay Haru wrote: i would be honest and say i hate pirates (or not really... used to prate tons of stuff before) whether the reason is legit or not. however, as you have the balls to admit it and ask help rather kindly, i will oblige.

if you used savestates (dss) and ingame saves (dsv) together in pokemon games, you may have triggered an error in which the savestate corrupts the ingame save. if this is the case, then i am sorry to inform you that your ingame save is not redeemable. ingame saves also carries the possiblity to corrupt by themselves so theres that.

There IS a way in solving this matter using savestates but unfortunately, pirated copies of drastic has problems with savestates. in the event that your savestates do work, check the stickies on information on how to make clean saves using savestates in pokemon.

other than that i advise that you buy the software as the devs worked hard and still do to make sure the community gets what it deserves.
I can fully appreciate hating on pirating if you're a moderator or paid user for a game/app etc, so thanks for taking the time out to reply. I never used the savestate function. After the fiasco that resulted in HeartGold never again working on my tablet, I just couldn't ever trust it. My question is really whether or not my old .dsv files don't work because of the new DraStic version, or because of the new rom, and how I can fix this. The savestates aren't really a factor in my dilemma, unfortunately. And the savestates had worked before with New Super Mario DS, but I couldn't really see the point if the game saved normally by itself, so I don't think all pirated copies have savestates that don't work.

As I said, I fully intend to buy DraStic when I can, I'm just not in a situation right now where I can afford it. I'm actually risking a bank dishonour fee at the moment cause I'm owing my bank money, it's that bad. So believe me, if I could buy DraStic, I would have already, just to avoid all the issues that tend to come with pirated stuff.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Don't misunderstand what I said. That's an advice and not a jab at you. In any case, can you upload the said dsv file? I would like to see if there is a corruption in it or just some random thing that can be fixed. Use dropbox and gimme the dl link.
Behold my mighty

GDT

Post by GDT » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:02 am

I'm on latest beta (upgraded this morning) and purchased Drastic yesterday.
I can't load ingame saves for "Il Professor Layton e il Richiamo dello Spettro" (italian). It just ignore it and always asks for start a new game, but savestates work.
What can I do?

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:20 pm

Avoid using load/save states and use in game save instead. At least that's what I've been reading around these forums because I believe they're more reliable. Back up your in game save as well to another location.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:47 pm

GDT wrote:I'm on latest beta (upgraded this morning) and purchased Drastic yesterday.
I can't load ingame saves for "Il Professor Layton e il Richiamo dello Spettro" (italian). It just ignore it and always asks for start a new game, but savestates work.
What can I do?
I need an entry for this game in the database. It's one of those recently released region variants that isn't in advancescene's database yet. It's this game right? http://datomatic.no-intro.org/index.php ... =28&n=z014

I'll just add it manually.

MakiToChan

Post by MakiToChan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 pm

hello! sent an email asking for support because i couldnt get the activation mail to appear on my hotmail mailbox. created a new account with a gmail account and voila, here i am.

so, i've been trying out a cracked copy but it seems to have a problem with the whole save/load stuff. tried different cracked versions (so far 2.1.4a seems like a good one), but with lame results. i like to try out the whole product before buying, and i'd have loved a 5 minutes full version of your emulator!

the game i tried out was chrono cross, and i'd like to know if this problem (with this game) happens in the legit version of the emulator.