Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Jay Haru
Re: Savegame problems

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:25 am

Ersm772 wrote:
Ersm772 wrote:I have the same version and i can save and load and i can make savestates but i want to use my old save from desmume but when i copy the dsv of desmume i can only start a new game maybe the save file of desmume is not compatible with drastic
I dont know what the problem is i tested another game and it worked but why harvest moon ds dont works ??? its the only game that dont work
Its prolly the difference in file size of dsv. Can you upload the dsv from desmume?
Behold my mighty

Ersm772

Post by Ersm772 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:58 am

after i used another rom the size was normal but the dsv still only works in desmume and not in drastic
Attachments
Harvest Moon DS (E).zip
(8.43KiB)Downloaded 478 times

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:12 am

Ersm772 wrote:after i used another rom the size was normal but the dsv still only works in desmume and not in drastic
Your dsv file has an extra .12 kb of data. That's where the problem lies.
Behold my mighty

Ersm772

Post by Ersm772 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:15 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Ersm772 wrote:after i used another rom the size was normal but the dsv still only works in desmume and not in drastic
but in desmume the file works how can i fix it

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:26 am

Ersm772 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
but in desmume the file works how can i fix it
Unfortunately, I can't help with this one. You could try. Using a converter to convert game in .Sav then reconvert to .dsv and see if that. 12kb is removed.
Behold my mighty

Ersm772

Post by Ersm772 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:36 am

ok the problem is in desmume or in drastic because when i create a new game in desmume i cant use it in drastic and when i create a new game in drastic i cant use it in desmume i think they make different saves for this game and they are not compatible maybe someone can fix it in the next update because other game saves work
can someone test it??? just create a new harvest moon ds game in desmume or drastic and then test if it works on the other emulator

fjm182

Post by fjm182 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Hello,

Congratulations for this magnificent app.

I'm having ingame saving issues (Save state is perfectly working). Version 2.1.4a

Checking this thread, I read something about editing save value, in the database .xml file.

But I didn't find the game I'm playing. (El Profesor Layton y la Llamada del Espectro) Layton 4, Spanish Version (I think [EUR] Version).

I managed to find in the xml many 'LAYTON4' but not the Spanish version (also, in the xml, there are the Spanish versions of the first three games of the series).

I really need to know if there's a way to fix the ingame save problems (by myself), or should I wait for an fix made by you in the future.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Not sure if it's important to mention it, but I began playing in Drastic, not importing save file from anywhere.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:11 pm

fjm182 wrote:Hello,

Congratulations for this magnificent app.

I'm having ingame saving issues (Save state is perfectly working). Version 2.1.4a

Checking this thread, I read something about editing save value, in the database .xml file.

But I didn't find the game I'm playing. (El Profesor Layton y la Llamada del Espectro) Layton 4, Spanish Version (I think [EUR] Version).

I managed to find in the xml many 'LAYTON4' but not the Spanish version (also, in the xml, there are the Spanish versions of the first three games of the series).

I really need to know if there's a way to fix the ingame save problems (by myself), or should I wait for an fix made by you in the future.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Not sure if it's important to mention it, but I began playing in Drastic, not importing save file from anywhere.
I recommend you stick with savestates for now as we need to verify the info of the rom.
Behold my mighty

ABElite774

Post by ABElite774 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was able to get their Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky in-game saves to work. In the changelog it says that the saving was fixed in 2.1.4, but mines doesn't work. What happens is that whenever I try to save the game I don't get that the save failed, I get that it completed, but when I go to the top menu it only gives me an option to start a new game. So basically I can save, but the save won't be recognized. I have tried the same ROM on my computer DS emulator, and the saving worked. Also, I have the latest version of Drastic, so that's not the problem. Thanks.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:33 pm

ABElite774 wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was able to get their Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky in-game saves to work. In the changelog it says that the saving was fixed in 2.1.4, but mines doesn't work. What happens is that whenever I try to save the game I don't get that the save failed, I get that it completed, but when I go to the top menu it only gives me an option to start a new game. So basically I can save, but the save won't be recognized. I have tried the same ROM on my computer DS emulator, and the saving worked. Also, I have the latest version of Drastic, so that's not the problem. Thanks.
Sorry, it did work in 2.1.4a but not 2.1.5a. The reason why is because the save type changed in the database from 512KB flash to 128KB EEPROM. The latter is actually the correct one, but DraStic has a bug where 128KB doesn't work. It'll be fixed in the next version, but if you want to play it now it'll work if you replace the database file in /sdcard/DraStic with this one: game_database.xml