Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
ngoralph
Re: Savegame problems

Post by ngoralph » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:03 am

sorry if this has been answered already but, here's the situation
when the first version came up, we needed to find bios right?(so i did and played Pokemon black2)
i changed the rom of my phone so the drastic app was gone but i have a backup savestate at the pc from the first version of drastic
now that i used the latest version, i tried putting savestate to the new location sdcard/drastic and it says in the game that the bios is different so it cant be used so how do i convert it to the new bios savestate??? or is there anyway to use my old bios files???

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:11 am

ngoralph wrote:sorry if this has been answered already but, here's the situation
when the first version came up, we needed to find bios right?(so i did and played Pokemon black2)
i changed the rom of my phone so the drastic app was gone but i have a backup savestate at the pc from the first version of drastic
now that i used the latest version, i tried putting savestate to the new location sdcard/drastic and it says in the game that the bios is different so it cant be used so how do i convert it to the new bios savestate??? or is there anyway to use my old bios files???
Place your old bios on the system fopder in drastic. You can now use your old states.
Behold my mighty

Amici

Post by Amici » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:54 am

I would like to contribute: Okamiden's battery saving does not work. Ingame, it says "failed to save". Still works fine with save states though so no super biggie.

Ersm772

Post by Ersm772 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:30 am

my problem is i make an ingame save in desmume but when i extract the .dsv into the backup folder of drastic i cant load i can only start a new game after that i deleted the .dsv in my phone
to test it i started a new game in my phone and saved ingame and extracted the .dsv to the battery folder in desmume and the same happened i can only start a new game
i use the same rom for desmume and for drastic and the rom has the same name as the .dsv why it dont works ??? the savegames dont have the same size the desmume dsv files are 512 KB and the drastic dsv files are 256 KB can i change the size of the savegames ???
sry my english is bad

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Ersm772 wrote:my problem is i make an ingame save in desmume but when i extract the .dsv into the backup folder of drastic i cant load i can only start a new game after that i deleted the .dsv in my phone
to test it i started a new game in my phone and saved ingame and extracted the .dsv to the battery folder in desmume and the same happened i can only start a new game
i use the same rom for desmume and for drastic and the rom has the same name as the .dsv why it dont works ??? the savegames dont have the same size the desmume dsv files are 512 KB and the drastic dsv files are 256 KB can i change the size of the savegames ???
sry my english is bad
Can you tell what game do you have? In any case, next update would very likely fix this issues.
Behold my mighty

Ersm772

Post by Ersm772 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
Ersm772 wrote:my problem is i make an ingame save in desmume but when i extract the .dsv into the backup folder of drastic i cant load i can only start a new game after that i deleted the .dsv in my phone
sry my english is bad
Can you tell what game do you have? In any case, next update would very likely fix this issues.
Harvest moon ds

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Ersm772 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
sry my english is bad
Harvest moon ds
Odd. It saves fine on 2.1.4a. What version do you have?
Behold my mighty

Ersm772

Post by Ersm772 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:00 pm

I have the same version and i can save and load and i can make savestates but i want to use my old save from desmume but when i copy the dsv of desmume i can only start a new game maybe the save file of desmume is not compatible with drastic

Krruul

Post by Krruul » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:01 pm

Hay, love the emulator!

So Im trying to play Pokemon Volt white 2 - I understand its probably not at the top of your list to make work perfect - and for a long time it was fine, im not sure if it happened when I caught the level 30 braviary on route 4 or earlier but from then on my ingame save (not Savestates) would tell me I have a corrupted save and it will be deleted. Savestates work perfectly so Its not a big deal but I can't use AR codes involving the box either, it just crashes the game so I was using my DSV files with pokegen to just edit my pokemon a bit then start the game normally to recieve my edited pokemon.

So what Im trying to figure out is :
Is the save corruption fixxable? if so how. if not was it my use of pokegen that caused it, as it didnt happen at the start of the game.

side question - Is there a reason the AR codes wouldnt work? even the ones I made myself wouldn't work. (using the r4cce method to add my own)

Incase it matters my phone is a LG E975 and ive played DQ9 DQ4, 5, 6. all without a single fault which I would kiss you guys for if i could!

Edit - So I saved like 10 times, Re edited the save file after noticing my pokemon had the encounter tag event/honey tree/shaymin/etc. opened pokemon blaze black 2 quit, reopened pokemon volt white 2 told me my pokestar studios information had been deleted but started from the ingame save! so Unsure whether the multiple saves fixxed it or something else.

Ersm772

Post by Ersm772 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 am

Ersm772 wrote:I have the same version and i can save and load and i can make savestates but i want to use my old save from desmume but when i copy the dsv of desmume i can only start a new game maybe the save file of desmume is not compatible with drastic
I dont know what the problem is i tested another game and it worked but why harvest moon ds dont works ??? its the only game that dont work