Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
pauliee
Re: Savegame problems

Post by pauliee » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:10 pm

Hey guys could anyone help me? I'm trying to get my NO$gba .sav to Drastic .dsv. I can't use Desmume because a certain ACtion Replay code won't work on that emulator. I've tried Shunnyweb and I've tried renaming the files .sav to .dsv, and nothing has worked so far. I can post my .sav if anyone can help!
Attachments
2384 - Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - Grimoire of the Rift (U)(Independent).dsv
Just rename the .dsv to .sav it would'nt let me upload a .sav
(3.66KiB)Downloaded 804 times

Zebaahx

Post by Zebaahx » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:08 pm

I'm wondering if I could get any help. I played many games on an old phone and backed up all the in-game saves to transfer them into my new phone, problem is that Drastic isn't recognizing any of my save files. I don't really know what the problem is as the file extensions are correctly named and have the same name (again, I was playing normally until I changed phones).
I even tried creating a new in-game save, then replacing it with the old one to no avail, they're still unrecognizable by the app. Any help would be greatly appreciated

And for the record, yes, I bought Drastic like in 2014

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Did you granted the Storage perm to Drastic on your new phone? Maybe it can't read the files cuz it can't access the storage in the first place. And maybe try backing up the Drastic folder on your old phone and overwriting the Drastic folder on your new phone with that backup. I had to do that once and had no problems with the saves.
OBJECTION!

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:50 pm

I have one its that when I go into my save in pokemon black it freezes like when I go into my pokemons tab ot items can u help me?

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Reuben wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:50 pm
I have one its that when I go into my save in pokemon black it freezes like when I go into my pokemons tab ot items can u help me?
Can you please explain your problem better?
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Doomsday Forte

Post by Doomsday Forte » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:37 am

I'm having a save issue with Meteos, in that it refuses to accept an old .dsv from my computer and says it has to reformat the save data to continue. The save works fine in Desmume and even if I copy the save from the cart through TWLSaveTool on a hacked 3DS and import it into Desmume, it works...but that same save won't in DraStic.

This is the only game (hopefully not 'so far') where the old .dsv I had already didn't work. Any ideas of what I can try?

Mewion

Post by Mewion » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:59 pm

Ive been playing Spirit Tracks for quite a while now. I saved today and now when i load that specific save, the game crashes to Drastic Main Menu. Ive tried every fix in the help section, (The game wasnt compressed to begin with) and i cant upload the save either. If I go quick, I can press a single button ingame before it crashes, dont know if that helps.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:24 am

Mewion wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:59 pm
Ive been playing Spirit Tracks for quite a while now. I saved today and now when i load that specific save, the game crashes to Drastic Main Menu. Ive tried every fix in the help section, (The game wasnt compressed to begin with) and i cant upload the save either. If I go quick, I can press a single button ingame before it crashes, dont know if that helps.
Have you made an in-game save you can load or only have savestates?

This is the reason its reccomended to make in-game saves because savestates can be unstable and may crash.

Mewion

Post by Mewion » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:37 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:24 am
Mewion wrote:

This is the reason its reccomended to make in-game saves because savestates can be unstable and may crash.
Nope, only savestates, thats why its an issue. To restate, its only one specific savestate that is broken, the most recent one, and i assume its because of where i saved in the game (Though i dont know why). Converting the savestate to a different spirit tracks still crashes it.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Mewion wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:37 pm
kaikun97 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:24 am
Mewion wrote:

Nope, only savestates, thats why its an issue. To restate, its only one specific savestate that is broken, the most recent one, and i assume its because of where i saved in the game (Though i dont know why). Converting the savestate to a different spirit tracks still crashes it.
There isn't really anything you can do then in that case, that savestate is permanently broken now. this is again why we reccomend to use in-game saves instead.