Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Jay Haru
Re: Savegame problems

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:11 am

fmlrommel wrote:ok so i am running drastic on my S4, works great, favorite emulator ive used. been playing pokemon platinum. i wanna trade pokemon so i figured i would set up an emulator on my PC. installed Desmume emulator, but i cant seem to get the emulator to load my savegames. i read through this post and a couple other ones but i didnt get anywhere. i am using the latest drastic emulator, not a hack. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks
if by savegamers you mean savestates, it will not work.

also, desmume 0.9.10 broke compatibility with ingame saves. ingame saves from drastic are somehow compatible with desmume until 0.9.9 so try that.

in game saves are stored in sdcard/drastic/backup provided you made an ingame save and not a savestate.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm

desmume has a footer at the end of the save file that includes some information about the save type. They added this at some point years ago in order to remember the save type settings that were auto-detected. The whole reason they made it a footer instead of a header was to make it easier to support files that predated the change. But at some point in the last several months a change was made that appears to throw out saves w/o the the footer (although my reading of the code could be wrong). I'm asking them now if it's deliberate, will see what they say.

EDIT: I asked them, and basically the response is that the dsv name implies desmume's format, and therefore dsv without the footer is incorrect and they don't intend to support it anymore. We're thinking about modifying our save files to match desmume's format - the only downside is it'll make them a little larger (we have no intention of actually using the metadata it adds for anything)

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Maybe an export to desmume option? I'd rather keep my sav's as raw as possible for use with external editors.

xxoliviaxx

Post by xxoliviaxx » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 am

I am playing zelda spirit tracks and am in the ocean relm When I go to load a saved game it will come up but then 2 seconds later crash and the screen goes blank and a message pops up (drastic has stopped) so cant continue playing has anyone got a load state at this point ... Please help

wanggatron311

Post by wanggatron311 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:34 am

Hi! :D I am playing Inazuma Eleven, but my problem is whenever I save in-game, it says save successful but when I reopen the game it says New Game. I cannot load my save. :(
Please Help! Thank you very much. ^_^

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:50 am

wanggatron311 wrote:Hi! :D I am playing Inazuma Eleven, but my problem is whenever I save in-game, it says save successful but when I reopen the game it says New Game. I cannot load my save. :(
Please Help! Thank you very much. ^_^
Yes, the fix is get a legit copy of the app.
Behold my mighty

CJsign

Post by CJsign » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Hello this is my first post...I am curently playing Monster Rancher DS on an ASUS tablet. I have a few other games and they all save fine execpt for Monster Rancher DS. I don't know if this has been posted or not but I'm am letting you guys know. If known fixes are availible, please send them my way. Thanks, this app is great. :D !

shadowlordforever

Post by shadowlordforever » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 am

Pokemon Black 2
The savegame did get corrupted.What to do?

My Drasic Version is 2.2.1.1a

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:01 am

shadowlordforever wrote:Pokemon Black 2
The savegame did get corrupted.What to do?

My Drasic Version is 2.2.1.1a
what do you mean by savegame?ingame or savestates? also can you describe how it is corrupted?
Behold my mighty

chairs

Post by chairs » Mon May 05, 2014 8:00 am

Hello!

First of all, congratulations for your fantastic app, love it!

I am playing pokemon black atm, runs quite smoothly, and wanted to ask if it is possible to make a save in game,(dsv format), copy it to pc, run pokesav to edit some pokemon values etc and then re-import it to drastic and play it with these changes.I am able to edit values in pokesav and save the file at a correct size, however when the game loads it,nothing changes!

Thus far I have been playing through in-game saves and everything has been fine...should i switch to save states perhaps?

Thank you!