Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Crazed//Anon13
Re: Savegame problems

Post by Crazed//Anon13 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:11 am

Makes sense... I'll check. How do I look for the "in-game save data"? Because in the game, my save disappeared... Should I check the folders then? :geek:

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:20 am

Crazed//Anon13 wrote:Makes sense... I'll check. How do I look for the "in-game save data"? Because in the game, my save disappeared... Should I check the folders then? :geek:
in game saves are in sdcard/drastic/backup
Behold my mighty

Crazed//Anon13

Post by Crazed//Anon13 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:49 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Crazed//Anon13 wrote:Makes sense... I'll check. How do I look for the "in-game save data"? Because in the game, my save disappeared... Should I check the folders then? :geek:
Looks like the save states are fine but the save was too early in the game. With regards to the in game save, the rune factory 3 save file is in the folders. That means it never got deleted but it doesn't show up in the game...

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:42 am

Crazed//Anon13 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
Looks like the save states are fine but the save was too early in the game. With regards to the in game save, the rune factory 3 save file is in the folders. That means it never got deleted but it doesn't show up in the game...
check for the size. is should be 64 kb. if not then its corrupted. if it is 64kb and cant be recognized, please uupload it for testing. oh, just a precaution. make sure that the name of the game and save are the same. i.e. <gamename>.nds and <gamename>.dsv
it may be the reason why your ingame isnt recognized.
Behold my mighty

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:28 pm

time hollow doesnt save either so im stuck with having to use save states

Valerie :D

Post by Valerie :D » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 pm

Since the latest update of the app I have not been able to open my Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns save. When I touch the save to load or I load last save, I am always returned to the DraStic homescreen. Please help! :cry:

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Valerie :D wrote:Since the latest update of the app I have not been able to open my Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns save. When I touch the save to load or I load last save, I am always returned to the DraStic homescreen. Please help! :cry:
Are you able to load from an in-game save instead? And can you upload the savestate somewhere?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:04 pm

Exophase wrote:
Valerie :D wrote:Since the latest update of the app I have not been able to open my Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns save. When I touch the save to load or I load last save, I am always returned to the DraStic homescreen. Please help! :cry:
Are you able to load from an in-game save instead? And can you upload the savestate somewhere?
im thinking that either the save had been corrupted or that you have used a different bios since yor last update. i tested my old saves and its working.

just to make sure, you didnt use any cheats right?

also, does a message that says 'different bios' or something shows on your screen?

if not, pleas eupload it and ill check it.
Behold my mighty

Ghostwheel

Post by Ghostwheel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Has anyone gotten the current version of the ROM hack 'New Super Mario Bros. 3' (3.0) working with DraStic?

(patch for a clean (U) copy of NSMB is at: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-h ... 31953.html )

I see there's an entry for the 1.0 version in the game_database.xml, and I've edited different values in that (to match the CRC32 of the resulting 3.0 rom) and tried changing the save entry to all other sizes/types, and I still always get the NSMB ingame error message on startup of 'Could not erase data. Turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card' (I can't tell if it's even recognizing that it should use those values for the ROM)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:48 am

Ghostwheel wrote:Has anyone gotten the current version of the ROM hack 'New Super Mario Bros. 3' (3.0) working with DraStic?

(patch for a clean (U) copy of NSMB is at: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-h ... 31953.html )

I see there's an entry for the 1.0 version in the game_database.xml, and I've edited different values in that (to match the CRC32 of the resulting 3.0 rom) and tried changing the save entry to all other sizes/types, and I still always get the NSMB ingame error message on startup of 'Could not erase data. Turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card' (I can't tell if it's even recognizing that it should use those values for the ROM)
it may just be me but it did say demo so why apply it on a full version?
Behold my mighty