Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
BroadAxe
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:23 pm

Re: Savegame problems

Post by BroadAxe » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:32 pm

hello, i just bought the app and have started playing pokemon HeartGold and while savestates are working fine, in-game saves are quite simply nonexistent, not sure if they are just not getting created or being deleted, i have double checked that i allowed storage for the app so that shouldn't be the problem :3 anyone that can help troubleshoot? :)

User avatar
kaikun97
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am
Location: England

Re: Savegame problems

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:58 pm

BroadAxe wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:32 pm
hello, i just bought the app and have started playing pokemon HeartGold and while savestates are working fine, in-game saves are quite simply nonexistent, not sure if they are just not getting created or being deleted, i have double checked that i allowed storage for the app so that shouldn't be the problem :3 anyone that can help troubleshoot? :)
Have you checked the "Drastic" folder exists on your phone storage?

Is there a folder named "backup" inside it containing the .dsv file for that game?

BroadAxe
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:23 pm

Re: Savegame problems

Post by BroadAxe » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:58 am

kaikun97 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:58 pm
BroadAxe wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:32 pm
hello, i just bought the app and have started playing pokemon HeartGold and while savestates are working fine, in-game saves are quite simply nonexistent, not sure if they are just not getting created or being deleted, i have double checked that i allowed storage for the app so that shouldn't be the problem :3 anyone that can help troubleshoot? :)
Have you checked the "Drastic" folder exists on your phone storage?

Is there a folder named "backup" inside it containing the .dsv file for that game?
there is not such a folder, no folder in the nonexistent folder, or a file in the nonexistent folder inside the nonexistent folder. how do i cause these things to come into existence? is it enough to simply create a "drastic" folder anywhere with a "backup" folder inside it? :)

BroadAxe
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:23 pm

Re: Savegame problems

Post by BroadAxe » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:00 pm

BroadAxe wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:58 am
kaikun97 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:58 pm
BroadAxe wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:32 pm
hello, i just bought the app and have started playing pokemon HeartGold and while savestates are working fine, in-game saves are quite simply nonexistent, not sure if they are just not getting created or being deleted, i have double checked that i allowed storage for the app so that shouldn't be the problem :3 anyone that can help troubleshoot? :)
Have you checked the "Drastic" folder exists on your phone storage?

Is there a folder named "backup" inside it containing the .dsv file for that game?
there is not such a folder, no folder in the nonexistent folder, or a file in the nonexistent folder inside the nonexistent folder. how do i cause these things to come into existence? is it enough to simply create a "drastic" folder anywhere with a "backup" folder inside it? :)
searching for the folder did not cause it to show up, but after scrolling randomly it apparently does exist, which is strange, but turns out i do have a drastic folder with lots of other folders inside it, one of which is the "backup" folder that does have a .dsv file inside it

User avatar
kaikun97
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am
Location: England

Re: Savegame problems

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:09 pm

BroadAxe wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:00 pm
BroadAxe wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:58 am
kaikun97 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:58 pm


Have you checked the "Drastic" folder exists on your phone storage?

Is there a folder named "backup" inside it containing the .dsv file for that game?
there is not such a folder, no folder in the nonexistent folder, or a file in the nonexistent folder inside the nonexistent folder. how do i cause these things to come into existence? is it enough to simply create a "drastic" folder anywhere with a "backup" folder inside it? :)
searching for the folder did not cause it to show up, but after scrolling randomly it apparently does exist, which is strange, but turns out i do have a drastic folder with lots of other folders inside it, one of which is the "backup" folder that does have a .dsv file inside it
Then that means the save file is being created. Have you doubled checked the game does not save in-game?

So if you follow these steps:
1) Open Pokemon Heartgold
2) In the game, open the start menu and save the game (like you would on a real DS)
3) Open the Drastic pause menu and tap "Reset Game"
4) Press start at the title screen.

Does the "Continue" open show up or does it go straight to the Professor Oak intro?

I should also point out that to ensure the save file is loaded correctly, you should tap "Load new game" on the first Drastic screen, select heartgold and tap "Start Game", this ensures a save state is not loaded first. Save states are known to cause issues with save files on the Pokemon games due to the in-game clock differences.

Pokemonplaya
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:01 am

Re: Savegame problems

Post by Pokemonplaya » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:07 am

Did in game saves for pokemon platinum and some savestates through the emulator. Recently have been saving through the game as that's what is recommended in the app. While trying to go back to when I last saved a few minutes ago to redo a battle by closing and reopening the app it brought me back to where I was before closing the app. Trying to go back I clicked load and it took me back over 5 hours in gameplay to my last drastic savestates and I can't find my in-game savestates anywhere? How do I get back to where I was?

User avatar
kaikun97
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am
Location: England

Re: Savegame problems

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:33 am

Pokemonplaya wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:07 am
Did in game saves for pokemon platinum and some savestates through the emulator. Recently have been saving through the game as that's what is recommended in the app. While trying to go back to when I last saved a few minutes ago to redo a battle by closing and reopening the app it brought me back to where I was before closing the app. Trying to go back I clicked load and it took me back over 5 hours in gameplay to my last drastic savestates and I can't find my in-game savestates anywhere? How do I get back to where I was?
To load the in-game save you need to tap "Load new game", tap the Pokemon Platinum ROM and tap "Start Game" instead. It will load the game like a real DS where you can load the in-game save from the title screen.

BroadAxe
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:23 pm

Re: Savegame problems

Post by BroadAxe » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:40 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:09 pm
BroadAxe wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:00 pm
BroadAxe wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:58 am


there is not such a folder, no folder in the nonexistent folder, or a file in the nonexistent folder inside the nonexistent folder. how do i cause these things to come into existence? is it enough to simply create a "drastic" folder anywhere with a "backup" folder inside it? :)
searching for the folder did not cause it to show up, but after scrolling randomly it apparently does exist, which is strange, but turns out i do have a drastic folder with lots of other folders inside it, one of which is the "backup" folder that does have a .dsv file inside it
Then that means the save file is being created. Have you doubled checked the game does not save in-game?

So if you follow these steps:
1) Open Pokemon Heartgold
2) In the game, open the start menu and save the game (like you would on a real DS)
3) Open the Drastic pause menu and tap "Reset Game"
4) Press start at the title screen.

Does the "Continue" open show up or does it go straight to the Professor Oak intro?

I should also point out that to ensure the save file is loaded correctly, you should tap "Load new game" on the first Drastic screen, select heartgold and tap "Start Game", this ensures a save state is not loaded first. Save states are known to cause issues with save files on the Pokemon games due to the in-game clock differences.
found the issue thanks! :)

Edboi90
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:40 am

Re: Savegame problems

Post by Edboi90 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:43 am

Recently had Pokémon black crash on me I had saved it in game and created save states. After the crash I opened up the Drastic app and it no.longer had the continue option and it won't load any savestates, the folders when going through the app are empty, but I had definitely saved it. Is there any ways of getting the savestates back or getting the emulator to load them ?

Post Reply