Savegame problems

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Fiery Phoenix
Re: Savegame problems

Post by Fiery Phoenix » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:08 am

Queksilber wrote:
Fiery Phoenix wrote:First time poster!

I hope you can help as I am banging my head against a brick wall trying to get my save game files from my original DS (held on my R4 card) to work on Drastic.

Googled and searched everywhere. Tried the converter's, etc - all to no avail.

I can see that the save game files Drastic saves are held in the .dsv format. My save games files on my R4 card are in the .sav format.

This is what I have tried.

1. Tried copying the .sav files into files/backup
2. Renamed the save game files adding .dsv to the end of the file name
3. Used the converters (offline on websites and downloaded ones) and selected the target type as DeSmuME (as I can see it is in the .dsv format)

Tried all the above to no avail.

Am I missing something blindingly obvious? Hope you guys can help - dont fancy starting all those games from scratch
Open it with desmume on PC, then save again ingame.
If it doesn't work on demume then your savefile is damaged
Tried installing that emulator on my PC and the ROMS load fine but I cannot load ANY of my save games (by using the import backup memory option) all of these save games work fine on my original DS on my R4 card, so I must be doing something wrong as they are not corrupted

Managed to get a few actually loaded with a load of messing about - but when I come to export the saved game the file size is 32kb *rather than 512kb) and it's still in a .sav file type???

Queksilber

Post by Queksilber » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:31 am

Fiery Phoenix wrote:Tried installing that emulator on my PC and the ROMS load fine but I cannot load ANY of my save games (by using the import backup memory option) all of these save games work fine on my original DS on my R4 card, so I must be doing something wrong as they are not corrupted

Managed to get a few actually loaded with a load of messing about - but when I come to export the saved game the file size is 32kb *rather than 512kb) and it's still in a .sav file type???
1) Desmume doesn't have to be installed, just extracted, be sure to use the 0.98 version: http://sourceforge.net/projects/desmume ... win32.zip/
2) Don't import ingamesaves, you just load them ingame. I think you are probably usinge some sort of savestates. Save ingame (on your DS), then copy the Flash-Save (~512kB) into the battery folder of Desmume, load your ROM (make sure ROM and save have the same name) and load INGAME, not a savestate, don't import anything
3) INGAME means for example in Pokemon you press X, then choose save and wait till it saved. So you can continue from your ingame-save via starting up the ROM and selecting your save.

The1stMaster

Post by The1stMaster » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:32 am

Inazuma Eleven 2 Firestorm And Blizzard Version Don't Save
The Error (Save Failed Please Reinsert The Game Then Power Off Then Try Again)
Drastic : r2.1.4a
Update :D

Fiery Phoenix

Post by Fiery Phoenix » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Queksilber wrote:
Fiery Phoenix wrote:Tried installing that emulator on my PC and the ROMS load fine but I cannot load ANY of my save games (by using the import backup memory option) all of these save games work fine on my original DS on my R4 card, so I must be doing something wrong as they are not corrupted

1) Desmume doesn't have to be installed, just extracted, be sure to use the 0.98 version: http://sourceforge.net/projects/desmume ... win32.zip/
2) Don't import ingamesaves, you just load them ingame. I think you are probably usinge some sort of savestates. Save ingame (on your DS), then copy the Flash-Save (~512kB) into the battery folder of Desmume, load your ROM (make sure ROM and save have the same name) and load INGAME, not a savestate, don't import anything
3) INGAME means for example in Pokemon you press X, then choose save and wait till it saved. So you can continue from your ingame-save via starting up the ROM and selecting your save.
Cheers for that

Still no joy - New Super Mario Bros and the Prof Layton saved games are not detected under battery - they only load when imported. I have then tried to save ingame - but the save file is only 33kb and will not work in Drastic.

Soro

Post by Soro » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:19 pm

The1stMaster wrote:Inazuma Eleven 2 Firestorm And Blizzard Version Don't Save
The Error (Save Failed Please Reinsert The Game Then Power Off Then Try Again)
Drastic : r2.1.4a
Update :D
Try to find your ROM id in game_database.xml and change the save size into 0x10000.

awk

Post by awk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:30 am

A new weirdness:

I've noticed that when you open a game after having played another one, when you select "yes" to load last save, it doesn't load the latest but the one in the slot the furthest on the right.

The weird thing is that if you play for a bit (without saving) and then close drastic, reopen it, and choose continue, then it loads the right one.

I think the 'resume game from last save" might be a bit dodgy!

raphael

Post by raphael » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 am

My pokemon Platinium's save couldn't start =( Please tell me that there is a solution to continue the game from my last save !!

zadkiel

Post by zadkiel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:47 pm

inazuma eleven eu and inazuma eleven firestorm and blizzard eu.
not working i save them. crash.
and the connection map. in game. also crash when using it

johngilg

Post by johngilg » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:17 am

Having issues with Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2.

I have a no$ save that I managed to get working in desmume after an absurd amount of trouble that stemmed mostly from poor reading comprehension, but it doesn't seem to work in DraStic. It lets me see the save, but then says it's corrupted and wipes it. I'm only something like 10 hours into the game so it's not the end of the world, but this game was the main reason I bought the emulator. I do, of course, have more than enough else to make me happy with the purchase.

Since getting to that point I actually read the rest of this thread and noticed the issues with in game saving and verified, from a fresh start, that I can't actually save. It says that it is, but doesn't seem to write any data, or something. I'm not sure how much I care about this since I fully expect to get tired of the game before it becomes vital.

I'd like a solution to the save file conversion issue, since I expect that's something silly on my end, and I suppose the second is just a redundant complaint that I felt compelled to add to prove that I did pay some attention to what came before.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:28 am

johngilg wrote:Having issues with Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2.

I have a no$ save that I managed to get working in desmume after an absurd amount of trouble that stemmed mostly from poor reading comprehension, but it doesn't seem to work in DraStic. It lets me see the save, but then says it's corrupted and wipes it. I'm only something like 10 hours into the game so it's not the end of the world, but this game was the main reason I bought the emulator. I do, of course, have more than enough else to make me happy with the purchase.

Since getting to that point I actually read the rest of this thread and noticed the issues with in game saving and verified, from a fresh start, that I can't actually save. It says that it is, but doesn't seem to write any data, or something. I'm not sure how much I care about this since I fully expect to get tired of the game before it becomes vital.

I'd like a solution to the save file conversion issue, since I expect that's something silly on my end, and I suppose the second is just a redundant complaint that I felt compelled to add to prove that I did pay some attention to what came before.
I am the tester that does the testing of saves. Currently our issue is that our games database isn't accurate as the list came with dodgy data in the first place. Will look into it and check.
Behold my mighty