Read this if you have crashes on a Chromebook

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
xperia64
Re: Read this if you have crashes on a Chromebook

Post by xperia64 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:06 pm

el3m wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:58 pm
xperia64 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:47 am
Ok, so I've seen a graphics-related crash on my x86 Chromebook, please try exiting full screen and launching games in windowed mode.
It crashes similarily in windowed mode.

I noticed that the changelog doesn't list the r2.5.2.2a changes, but it says so in the bottom right corner
Which game(s) are you trying?

BTZero

Post by BTZero » Thu May 07, 2020 8:29 pm

I've tried Pokemon HG, DQIV, Etrian Oddysey. I have a couple others, let me know if like Imagine Babiez would help.

Last_Showdown

Post by Last_Showdown » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:17 pm

Hello,

I am currently trying to Play Devil Summoner 1 and Super Robot Wars OG Saga:Endless Frontier on the Chromebase 24i2. I think it should have been working however whenever I try loading a game, it just ports me all the way back to the title screen(of the app that is, not the game). Is there something I can do to fix it?

BigAmish

Post by BigAmish » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:50 am

Purchased the app and no luck loading any *.nds roms from microsd card or internal memory. Starts to load and immediately kicks me back to the app start screen. Running on a Samsung Chromebook Pro (Intel Core M3). Made sure that my app can access MicroSD storage and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app without improvement. Any insights?

This is a bit of a head scratcher as some in the forum report running this app on the same device with no problems.

Topken

Post by Topken » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:50 pm

Crashing to main menu here as well as soon I hit start game on any any of my roms. This isn't a chrmebook persay BUT it is rammus chrome OS running on an Intel Celeron N3450 based Acer Aspire A114-31-C4HH which is a windows machine BUT the 32gb of emmc storage is crap for Windows and ChromeOS works a TON better on the system. This is with build R2.5.2.2a build 104

seithan420

Post by seithan420 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:28 pm

thank you I just bought this chromebook and have been thinking that it was my roms or something, so glad I checked here xD

seithan420

Post by seithan420 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:13 pm

yeah it just isn't running the zip files I have but it's running the 7z ones I have the most recent version on the spin 311. Thos
e same files the Chromebook app won't run are played on my Stylo 6 version all the time

SaveTehPolorBearz

Post by SaveTehPolorBearz » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:26 pm

My Acer Chromebook 512 can't load games, it is x86-64 archetecture and is intel btw.

SaveTehPolorBearz

Post by SaveTehPolorBearz » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:00 pm

I believe I found the issue for my chromebook(Acer C512) not being able to load games. It seems like it doesn't load games unless its somewhere under the 'Play Files' folder. The Play Files folder is where most android stuff is kept on chromebooks and I'm guessing Drastic has some sort of issues with loading anything outside of that folder. Chromebooks don't allow you to place files directly in that folder or create folders in it(easily), but you can place stuff in any sub folder, so I just put some roms in the DCIM folder and it managed to work. I got Metroid Prime: Hunters to work as well as Pokemon Heart Gold. I don't know if this would fix issues on other chromebooks but I hope this helps. Here is a photo of the file manager https://imgur.com/gallery/5JPVHEM

Topken

Post by Topken » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:44 pm

SaveTehPolorBearz wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:00 pm
I believe I found the issue for my chromebook(Acer C512) not being able to load games. It seems like it doesn't load games unless its somewhere under the 'Play Files' folder. The Play Files folder is where most android stuff is kept on chromebooks and I'm guessing Drastic has some sort of issues with loading anything outside of that folder. Chromebooks don't allow you to place files directly in that folder or create folders in it(easily), but you can place stuff in any sub folder, so I just put some roms in the DCIM folder and it managed to work. I got Metroid Prime: Hunters to work as well as Pokemon Heart Gold. I don't know if this would fix issues on other chromebooks but I hope this helps. Here is a photo of the file manager https://imgur.com/gallery/5JPVHEM
Thanks that seems to have done the trick with my "Chromebook" Running Corel since its beyhaving far better on this hardware than Rammus did even tho now I need to figure out a controller fix since my XBox One Controller does NOT work in either wired USB mode or Bluetooth mode on Corel even tho it works fine with both methods on Rammus.