Cannot use dss files from the google drive

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
cr740524
Cannot use dss files from the google drive

Post by cr740524 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi, I have bought this emulator at the google store. It works great. thank you for developing the best ds emulator on the system.

I had to reset my Galaxy S3 recently. After reset, I downloaded whole thing again and tried to load the dss files from the google drive. Drastic gives me the message saying "this save is incompatible. Different bios files where used than what you are using now.".

I guess drastic has been updated since I saved the game. I have tried installing old bios in the folder stated in FAQ, but it doesn't work.

Is there any way to load these dss files?

Jay Haru

Re: Cannot use dss files from the google drive

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:52 am

cr740524 wrote:Hi, I have bought this emulator at the google store. It works great. thank you for developing the best ds emulator on the system.

I had to reset my Galaxy S3 recently. After reset, I downloaded whole thing again and tried to load the dss files from the google drive. Drastic gives me the message saying "this save is incompatible. Different bios files where used than what you are using now.".

I guess drastic has been updated since I saved the game. I have tried installing old bios in the folder stated in FAQ, but it doesn't work.

Is there any way to load these dss files?
if you had owned drastic since 2.1.0 then the dss files would have been using the native nds bios. if you have the nds bios, all you need is to place it on sdcard/drastic/system (check for proper naming for bios somewhere in the forums) for your old dss files to work again. the newest version of drastic (cant remember which version but its after 2.1.5) has its own bios but the saves made (dss) by the native bios are not compatible with the built in one and vice versa. in game saves (dsv) are comatible though so no problems there.
Behold my mighty