nature modifier not giving the right nature

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
silen7_trill
nature modifier not giving the right nature

Post by silen7_trill » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:13 am

i'm trying to use the wild nature modifier. but it keeps giving me the wrong one. for example i'm trying to get a modest nature but every time it comes up as lax. it worked when picking a starter (unless that was just a hoax) but now for wild ones it doesn't work. and i'm trying to get a shiny so putting it in the pc isn't an option. i checked the code in r4cce and it's right. anyone know?

edit: so it works fine when the shiny code is off, but not on. anyone know why?

dnyce13

Re: nature modifier not giving the right nature

Post by dnyce13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:22 am

The codes are conflicting with each other somehow. I use the PC marking codes instead.

If it's pokemon black or white then you can use the nature modifier code pressing L/R on pokemon location screen. If it's Black 2 or White 2, to my knowledge there is no nature modifier L/R code so I use the marking codes since I'm familiar with the nature types.

silen7_trill

Post by silen7_trill » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:03 pm

what about soul silver? what are marking codes exactly? i've heard of them but never used them

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:27 pm

I've never playrd HG or SS. Is there an option in your pokemon PC where you can mark your pokemon with symbols?

silen7_trill

Post by silen7_trill » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:42 pm

yea there is. i never noticed that before ha

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:39 pm

A simple explanation of what marking codes are is basically setting IV's, EV's, Gender, etc of your pokemon while they're in your PC. For example, if you had a pikachu in your PC, before you mark it you go to cheats menu then find "PC Marking Codes" then select the code(s) of your choice. Go back to your Pikachu in your PC "mark" it and the changes should be done. I personally don't like the symbols to stay on the pokemon, so once you mark them the changes happen immediately and you may remove the symbol afterwards as well as the cheats. Hope this helps. They should already be included within the .dat file as far as I'm concerned.