Drastic doesn't load

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
TrollerSarUssur
Drastic doesn't load

Post by TrollerSarUssur » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:57 am

When I go on DraStic and I load a game it stays on the loading page. I have the latest version of DraStic and have tried older pirated versions but it still stays on the loading screen. The ROMS were fine before until Pokemon Black glitched and wouldn't load so uninstalled and nothing works. What should I do to fix it?

Exophase

Re: Drastic doesn't load

Post by Exophase » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:19 am

Is it a zipped ROM? What could have happened is that you had a problem while it was unzipping a ROM and it's left with a bad unzipped file. Try removing the files in /sdcard/DraStic/unzip_cache and see if this helps, and/or try unzipping the ROM and running that instead.

Next version will have a size in the unzip_cache metadata file to prevent something like this from happening >_>

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:19 am

TrollerSarUssur wrote:When I go on DraStic and I load a game it stays on the loading page. I have the latest version of DraStic and have tried older pirated versions but it still stays on the loading screen. The ROMS were fine before until Pokemon Black glitched and wouldn't load so uninstalled and nothing works. What should I do to fix it?
have you tried unzipped roms if you use zipped ones? also if your ram is big enuf, it seems that disabling unzip rom to file makes it much quicker to load.
Behold my mighty

TrollerSarUssur

Post by TrollerSarUssur » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 am

Exophase wrote:Is it a zipped ROM? What could have happened is that you had a problem while it was unzipping a ROM and it's left with a bad unzipped file. Try removing the files in /sdcard/DraStic/unzip_cache and see if this helps, and/or try unzipping the ROM and running that instead.

Next version will have a size in the unzip_cache metadata file to prevent something like this from happening >_>
It seems to be working now!! Thanks for helping. :D

TrollerSarUssur

Post by TrollerSarUssur » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:37 am

I don't know if this is related but pokemon black (which was working fine before) isn't working it keeps going to home screen when I load it

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:38 am

TrollerSarUssur wrote:I don't know if this is related but pokemon black (which was working fine before) isn't working it keeps going to home screen when I load it
even unzipped?
Behold my mighty

TrollerSarUssur

Post by TrollerSarUssur » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 am

Uzipped works but the game is frozen

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:47 am

TrollerSarUssur wrote:Uzipped works but the game is frozen
are you trying to load from a savestate? if so, it prolly is corrupted. if not, are you sure youre using the latest from googleplay?
Behold my mighty

TrollerSarUssur

Post by TrollerSarUssur » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
TrollerSarUssur wrote:Uzipped works but the game is frozen
are you trying to load from a savestate? if so, it prolly is corrupted. if not, are you sure youre using the latest from googleplay?
Yeah its a savestate what should I do to get rid of it? Or is there a way of fixing it?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:23 pm

TrollerSarUssur wrote:Yeah its a savestate what should I do to get rid of it? Or is there a way of fixing it?
Start by not selecting to continue to see if the game loads when not from a savestate. You don't have to get rid of it, you can just save over it.