Just bought DraStic, Pokemon Black is crashing to menu

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Meta
Just bought DraStic, Pokemon Black is crashing to menu

Post by Meta » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:10 pm

I just bought DraStic and am having some issues playing Pokemon Black. The game frequently crashes back to the main menu, losing any progress that I have made since my last save-state. This seems to happen most often when the phone screen is shut off and then resumed, but I've also seen it happen in the middle of play.

I'm running the most recent version, r2.1.6.2a. My phone is a Nexus 4. I'm playing an Unzipped ROM.

dnyce13

Re: Just bought DraStic, Pokemon Black is crashing to menu

Post by dnyce13 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Meta wrote:I just bought DraStic and am having some issues playing Pokemon Black. The game frequently crashes back to the main menu, losing any progress that I have made since my last save-state. This seems to happen most often when the phone screen is shut off and then resumed, but I've also seen it happen in the middle of play.

I'm running the most recent version, r2.1.6.2a. My phone is a Nexus 4. I'm playing an Unzipped ROM.
Running in the middle of play it doesn't crash for me, but I know sometimes when I leave drastic on the menu screen and I open up my web browser or check a text message for example, drastic will restart. It could be due to insufficient ram maybe, but I'm not entirely sure. Hopefully one of the devs or other forums members can help you and I both out.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:37 pm

dnyce13 wrote:
Meta wrote:I just bought DraStic and am having some issues playing Pokemon Black. The game frequently crashes back to the main menu, losing any progress that I have made since my last save-state. This seems to happen most often when the phone screen is shut off and then resumed, but I've also seen it happen in the middle of play.

Running in the middle of play it doesn't crash for me, but I know sometimes when I leave drastic on the menu screen and I open up my web browser or check a text message for example, drastic will restart. It could be due to insufficient ram maybe, but I'm not entirely sure. Hopefully one of the devs or other forums members can help you and I both out.
its more of how android handles multitasking. one way to prevent this from experience is enter menu.it seemsto be more crash resistant on this mode since the game is paused. its not foolproof but as i said,its more crash resistant.but much better that you do a qick save.
Behold my mighty

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:23 am

Jay Haru wrote:
dnyce13 wrote:

its more of how android handles multitasking. one way to prevent this from experience is enter menu.it seemsto be more crash resistant on this mode since the game is paused. its not foolproof but as i said,its more crash resistant.but much better that you do a qick save.
I remember in previous versions the crash restart would almost never happen when I exit from menu, do whatever the other task at hand is, then return. What is the difference between quick load/save state and load/save state?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:30 am

dnyce13 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
dnyce13 wrote:
I remember in previous versions the crash restart would almost never happen when I exit from menu, do whatever the other task at hand is, then return. What is the difference between quick load/save state and load/save state?
none actually. its just that the quick save is within the menu interface while normal load/save has their own. normal save has a number of _0 to _4 while q-saves are _8 (or _9) nd is much useful cos you can map it to hardware buttons
Behold my mighty

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:42 am

I remember in previous versions the crash restart would almost never happen when I exit from menu, do whatever the other task at hand is, then return. What is the difference between quick load/save state and load/save state?[/quote]
none actually. its just that the quick save is within the menu interface while normal load/save has their own. normal save has a number of _0 to _4 while q-saves are _8 (or _9) nd is much useful cos you can map it to hardware buttons[/quote]

Cool. Thanks for the explanation. Do you agree that previous versions did not restart like how it is now? Are the devs aware of this?

Nvm this has been brought to the devs attention last month and for some reason starting from a shortcut you can't resume when you exit drastic, but when you start drastic from the application menu it works...so I think before I didn't have a shortcut on my screen and was doing it from the application menu so that would explain it. Question is, are the devs fixing it so that you can resume drastic from the shorcut as well?