hoooooooooooooooow?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
TkSilver
Re: hoooooooooooooooow?

Post by TkSilver » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:44 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:I gotta admit that I first used the cracked version before, but seeing how this has potential despite what seems to be an exorbitant price for an emulator, I thought maybe I should go legit rather than either end up being stuck with an outdated and bugged version, or with a sea of adware nds4droid clones.
Never used the cracked version. I did use the demo version after trying some of the other NDS emulators expecting it to be as bad as they were, I was wrong. Though the reason I didn't use the cracked version was that I heard about all the issues that exist with it and did not want to even bother.

As for the op. Find one thing you spend $0.50 on in a week and stop doing that for 20 weeks and you will have enough to buy a $10 google play card. You could speed this up cutting out other things if you really want to. Or get the google opinion rewards app from google they will give you credit for each survey you complete and that can add up to the cost of drastic if you keep at it.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:12 am

TkSilver wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:I gotta admit that I first used the cracked version before, but seeing how this has potential despite what seems to be an exorbitant price for an emulator, I thought maybe I should go legit rather than either end up being stuck with an outdated and bugged version, or with a sea of adware nds4droid clones.
Never used the cracked version. I did use the demo version after trying some of the other NDS emulators expecting it to be as bad as they were, I was wrong. Though the reason I didn't use the cracked version was that I heard about all the issues that exist with it and did not want to even bother.

As for the op. Find one thing you spend $0.50 on in a week and stop doing that for 20 weeks and you will have enough to buy a $10 google play card. You could speed this up cutting out other things if you really want to. Or get the google opinion rewards app from google they will give you credit for each survey you complete and that can add up to the cost of drastic if you keep at it.
If you live in england like me its almost half the price due to currency exchange from $ to £. $1 is around 60p (£0.60) so that made drastic £3.80 or so for me.

You get more value buying it in the UK :P
Always confuses me because things tend to be more expensive here

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:42 am

bah, bought it when it first came out at 8 fricken dollars at a time when its exchange rate here is like 2-3 days worth of minimum wage.
Behold my mighty

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:56 am

Jay Haru wrote:bah, bought it when it first came out at 8 fricken dollars at a time when its exchange rate here is like 2-3 days worth of minimum wage.
Thats weird because I remember it still being something like £3.90 here when it was $8 over there (I bought it before exophase reduced the price)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:38 am

kaikun97 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:bah, bought it when it first came out at 8 fricken dollars at a time when its exchange rate here is like 2-3 days worth of minimum wage.
Thats weird because I remember it still being something like £3.90 here when it was $8 over there (I bought it before exophase reduced the price)
its an exageration but still, if i think about it, minimum daily in the Philippines circa 2014 is about 450 pesos i think in the metro so thats still like a day and a few hours worth.
Behold my mighty

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:19 am

Ouch, and in the US that same $8 would buy a starbux coffee and a pastry. Starbux is good but not worth 2-3 days of work for.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:24 am

TkSilver wrote:
Ouch, and in the US that same $8 would buy a starbux coffee and a pastry. Starbux is good but not worth 2-3 days of work for.
Not to mention that you can get away with just a Nescafe packet and a creamer. :P

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:07 am

huckleberrypie wrote:
TkSilver wrote:
Not to mention that you can get away with just a Nescafe packet and a creamer. :P
ah, but you dont get the 'starbux experience' then wouldnt you? all you get is the promise of a cup of joe and ending up with a dark mud of sadness
Behold my mighty

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:56 pm

I can't believe the topic has switched to coffee :P

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.