Suggestion!

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
aaccr1
Suggestion!

Post by aaccr1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Hey dev people up there! Is it possible for your app to also play GBA games like the real thing? I mean, it would be a really great feature to be included in the app considering the price you're asking for. If it could be done, then I will greatly appreciate it. And I'm sure many others will be attracted to buying the app. More spending money! Think about it!

Jay Haru

Re: Suggestion!

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:11 pm

aaccr1 wrote:Hey dev people up there! Is it possible for your app to also play GBA games like the real thing? I mean, it would be a really great feature to be included in the app considering the price you're asking for. If it could be done, then I will greatly appreciate it. And I'm sure many others will be attracted to buying the app. More spending money! Think about it!
there are already apps that play gba games. aside from a very few select games, there isnt even any incentive on adding ths feature so i doubt it will bring any more users than it already has.
Behold my mighty

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Too much to install a gba emulator? I dont see the point and not everything is about the money..

aaccr1

Post by aaccr1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:53 am

Howdareme wrote:Too much to install a gba emulator? I dont see the point and not everything is about the money..
I have a GBA emulator installed and my point was if the physical DS has backward compatibility that enables it to run gba games, why not make this app include the same feature. It could be useful since DraStic can sync with Google Drive which other emulators can't. And yes not everything is about the money. I agree with that. It was just a suggestion/idea. Read the title.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:09 am

DS has a lot of similar/compatible hardware with GBA, but it's not really that trivial to turn the DS emulator into a good GBA one for a variety of reasons..

But the real issue and reason why I wouldn't even consider this is because it'd be taking on thousands of other games and we'd have to deal with a ton of new compatibility complaints and feature requests related specifically to GBA support. It's not worth it.

aaccr1

Post by aaccr1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:17 am

Exophase wrote:DS has a lot of similar/compatible hardware with GBA, but it's not really that trivial to turn the DS emulator into a good GBA one for a variety of reasons..

But the real issue and reason why I wouldn't even consider this is because it'd be taking on thousands of other games and we'd have to deal with a ton of new compatibility complaints and feature requests related specifically to GBA support. It's not worth it.
Okay. Point taken. Thanks for the reply btw!