Can the emulator be tweaked more in the future?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
BeastieBoy
Can the emulator be tweaked more in the future?

Post by BeastieBoy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:00 am

It is amazing as it is right now, but unfortunately for me, with some games especially the last DS games or 3D ones lag at some point and run somewhere between 50 to 70 percent. I'm not really complaining, but I would just like to ask if there is a possibility that the emulator would be optimized further so phones that run some games slowly would in the future run at full speed. That, or is there no other way to run the 3D intensive games even in the future and the phone is the one I need to upgrade? (Replace, that is)

Queksilber

Re: Can the emulator be tweaked more in the future?

Post by Queksilber » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:17 am

I didn't find a single game running below 100% on my underclocked Nexus 7 (2012).
So i am assuming you are using a quite old phone, even older than a SGS2.
You should probably upgrade your device. Just saying.

BeastieBoy

Post by BeastieBoy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:39 am

Did it work for you? I'm not rooted so I guess I'll check it out if the performance gain is substantial.

mr_loon

Post by mr_loon » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:33 am

BeastieBoy wrote:It is amazing as it is right now, but unfortunately for me, with some games especially the last DS games or 3D ones lag at some point and run somewhere between 50 to 70 percent. I'm not really complaining, but I would just like to ask if there is a possibility that the emulator would be optimized further so phones that run some games slowly would in the future run at full speed. That, or is there no other way to run the 3D intensive games even in the future and the phone is the one I need to upgrade? (Replace, that is)
It would help if you mentioned the Make, Model & Hardware specs of the phone you are running DraStic on.

BeastieBoy

Post by BeastieBoy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:50 am

It's a phone from China. Innos D9 if you must know. It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Dual-core chipset.

Well, I don't know if it is the restart or Seeder, but most games I've run now are doing so smoothly. I'll make a new thread hope you participatd!

slamandar

Post by slamandar » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:34 pm

i had a china tablet , the spec are great dual core ; 1.5 gb ram but the perfomance like crap i tray different way and roms but nothing work i think they just using some poor hardware or some other triks..

the wird thing is a samsung galaxy phone like the ace 2 cortex a8 800 mhz dual core is more better

than those 1.5 ghz china phones :shock:
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French !

BeastieBoy

Post by BeastieBoy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:50 pm

That is funny. Anyway, I am hoping for speed improvements and more filters. That will happen, right? :)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:57 pm

slamandar wrote:i had a china tablet , the spec are great dual core ; 1.5 gb ram but the perfomance like crap i tray different way and roms but nothing work i think they just using some poor hardware or some other triks..

the wird thing is a samsung galaxy phone like the ace 2 cortex a8 800 mhz dual core is more better

than those 1.5 ghz china phones :shock:
Care.to tell what is your chinatab? Mine uses a rockchip soc and emu is fine.
Behold my mighty

slamandar

Post by slamandar » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:23 pm

BeastieBoy wrote:That is funny. Anyway, I am hoping for speed improvements and more filters. That will happen, right? :)
i hope so , perhaps Exopahse may confirm that ..
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French !