Feature request: Retroachievements support

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Miray
Feature request: Retroachievements support

Post by Miray » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:21 am

Hi, I dunno if this has already been discussed, but since retroachievements are now a reality for Nintendo DS games, are there any plans to implement them on DrasticDS?

https://retroachievements.org/gameList.php?c=18

kikeminchas

Re: Feature request: Retroachievements support

Post by kikeminchas » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:01 am

hi everybody, long time lurking and using this amazing emulator... :)

This would be a killer feature to have. I don't know how difficult would be to get implemented but there is no other realistic option right now in Android to emulate nintendo DS + Achievements. The list of games that support achievements keeps on growing...

Martoon

Post by Martoon » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Another +1 for this. I would love to be able to do achievements for DS games on Android.

TekunoTiger

Post by TekunoTiger » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:42 am

Lemme just sliiide on in here and necro this thread lol.

This would be such a great feature to have. Surely they would have some way to attach to their API and work things in for only one system. I am a through-and-through lover of achievements and am bummed about the performance of Retroarch's DS emulators on my Android handhelds (namely the Retroid Pocket 2), purely because I want the ability to have achievements as well. Sure, they work just fine on an Android smartphone or a laptop, but the whole reason I have a dedicated Android handheld is so I don't have to use my phone and/or carry around a controller.

Is there any interest from the developer in getting this to happen? Is there anything I as a web developer could help offer to make this a reality?

Miray

Post by Miray » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:40 am

I gave up on waiting for Drastic to implement Retroachievements on their emulator
Right now what I'm using is melonDS core on Retroarch which has gained a good performance increase since I created this thread

But if someday we see a Drastic core for Retroarch with their improved performance and resolution I'll be switching to it

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:44 pm

I'm afraid that, if development continues to be stale, then melonDS might end up being the better alternative (which is free btw), people will stop buying Drastic, and further development will become hard, if not impossible.
OBJECTION!

Planetexpression

Post by Planetexpression » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:23 am

I mean Retroarch Support is coming for drastic so...
The whole point of libretro system is to make as many features as possible across as many emulators as possible without the need for anything but an api hook.

I would say retroachievments are coming by default. Make sure yall have clean md5 hashes on yer roms. If I were you I would be working on setting up overlays to mimic the current drastic menus
The snes touch controller is a good starting point.