DraStic 2.1.6

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
dnyce13
Re: DraStic 2.1.6

Post by dnyce13 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:11 pm

Never ceases to amaze me. Finally upgrading from 2.1.3 and can take advantage of all these LOADED features. I can't believe the amazing support you guys do and how responsive you are to any critiqueness, bugs, suggestions, etc. You guys are very open to listen to us consumers and game players and there aren't many developers who provide support remotely close like this. Usually they just want the money and rarely make contact with consumers having any issues. Hands down the best app I've ever downloaded from google play and I look forward to continue to be active around these forums, providing any help to newcomers and continuing this new emulation experience we have with the DS on a PHONE! Thank you once again!

I also noticed the multiplayer/wifi option in the options. Is this just there to avoid people posting threads asking if there is or will be multiplayer/wifi support?
Last edited by dnyce13 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:20 pm

dnyce13 wrote:Never ceases to amaze me. Finally upgrading from 2.1.3 and can take advantage of all these LOADED features. I can't believe the amazing support you guys do and how responsive you are to any critiqueness, bugs, suggestions, etc. You guys are very open to listen to us consumers and game players and there aren't many developers who provide support remotely close like this. Usually they just want the money and rarely make contact with consumers having any issues. Hands down the best app I've ever downloaded from google play and I look forward to continue to be active around these forums, providing any help to newcomers and continuing this new emulation experience we have with the DS on a PHONE! Thank you once again!
If its all thesame to you, the app had a one star rating by someone on this new release with a review that we don't listen toconsumer feedback/suggestion. Just a thought ;)
Behold my mighty

Infinitelyblank

Post by Infinitelyblank » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
Infinitelyblank wrote:The UI changes are very welcome, however Advance Wars Dual Strike is still crashing for me on my nexus 4 =(.
was waiting for this actually. i'll check and inform the mods. hopefully, will be fixed on future betas

UPDATE: Oddly enuf... I haven't experienced the crash.... is it random? If not please give me a savestate to check
It IS random, and only seems to kick in after about 5-20 minutes, but seems to be inevitable in every game I play. The crash will trigger when entering/exiting a battle animation and ends up kicking me to the drastic menu, and frustratingly it only seemed to have started with 2.15a, as I managed to complete the campaign on earlier versions of drastic and now can't use any of the CO's I've unlocked :cry:

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Infinitelyblank wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
Infinitelyblank wrote:The UI changes are very welcome, however Advance Wars Dual Strike is still crashing for me on my nexus 4 =(.
was waiting for this actually. i'll check and inform the mods. hopefully, will be fixed on future betas

UPDATE: Oddly enuf... I haven't experienced the crash.... is it random? If not please give me a savestate to check
It IS random, and only seems to kick in after about 5-20 minutes, but seems to be inevitable in every game I play. The crash will trigger when entering/exiting a battle animation and ends up kicking me to the drastic menu, and frustratingly it only seemed to have started with 2.15a, as I managed to complete the campaign on earlier versions of drastic and now can't use any of the CO's I've unlocked :cry:
Okay, ill check this one for a bit. But be reminded that since its random, its difficult to know what causes the probs. I may not experience it at all. If its not replicable, usually devs can't fix it.
Behold my mighty

mastertiti2000

Post by mastertiti2000 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Savestates in Zelda Spirit Tracks don't work now. Load ok but if I want to save (normal or quick) I've a crash and Drastic force-close :cry:

Lortropic

Post by Lortropic » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:29 pm

I continue with DraStic 2.1.4a. I updated to 2.1.6a but zelda Phantom goes VERY slow (the intro animation is VERY VERY slow in comparison with 2.1.4a). I returned to 2.1.4a (TitaniumBackup <3).
Last edited by Lortropic on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NintendoGamer

Post by NintendoGamer » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Xperia plays touchpads dont work for it. Hopefully this can be applied in a future update :)

beansta

Post by beansta » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Looks like exophase has worked his magic again.
(Ive had bad internet so my IRC kept crashing)

I see he managed to fix the cheat codes properly, and even ones that didn't work quite like they're supposed to (the All HMs code on pokemon black 2/white 2 for example) work fine now.

Absolutely brilliant stuff

And the bug i had where i couldn't exit the options was down to USB/BT joycenter GOLD not registering my S3 LTE's touch buttons when i'm using my iPega controller
Last edited by beansta on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

zxcvbad

Post by zxcvbad » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Can confirm about saver states in spirit tracks. After I saved it crashed and replaced my previous state with the blank black, so I've lost my game progress which isn't nice. Another bug is in phantom hourglass, cheats won't disable even after restart, if saved with cheats on you'll ending up with this state (I've used 2x running/link textures) so right now I have white link running more than twice faster, mobs are 3x fast as well for some reason. MOGA controller second analog stick doesn't seems to work in Metroid (connecting moga using USB/BT joy centre. So I can see right analog stick does work, but I guess it's experimental at the moment and not all titles are supported..

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:24 pm

zxcvbad wrote:Can confirm about saver states in spirit tracks. After I saved it crashed and replaced my previous state with the blank black, so I've lost my game progress which isn't nice. Another bug is in phantom hourglass, cheats won't disable even after restart, if saved with cheats on you'll ending up with this state (I've used 2x running/link textures) so right now I have white link running more than twice faster, mobs are 3x fast as well for some reason. MOGA controller second analog stick doesn't seems to work in Metroid (connecting moga using USB/BT joy centre. So I can see right analog stick does work, but I guess it's experimental at the moment and not all titles are supported..
(added this to the FAQ since it comes up a lot)

The cheats work by modifying the game's state. If you disable them then the cheat will no longer run, but if they already modified the game it can't be undone. To really get around it you need to make an in-game save and reset with the cheat off. This is not a bug, nor is it not something we can change, it's intrinsic to how the cheats work - on the original Action Replay devices they were made for it doesn't make sense to turn them on and off while the game is running.

You should really keep both in-game saves and savestates. In most games making an in-game save is just a couple seconds now and then.

About the saves crashing for people.. can you confirm that you still have plenty of storage space? If you run out while it's saving that'd be bad (and the saves do use more space by default now)