DraStic 2.1.6

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Ace256
Re: DraStic 2.1.6

Post by Ace256 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Hey I noticed some issues with 2.1.6.1a and I was wondering if I'm the only one
Whenever I'm already in a game and I go through menu to load a new game, the new game doesn't load I just see 2 white screens.
To play a new game I hafta exit and choose the new game, not a huge issue but thought I'd share.
Also there seem to be some graphics issues with Gen IV Pokemon games, (Platinum, HeartGold) like in Plat some battles are very weirdly colored, and there are some artifacts in the over world that don't have textures exactly

Thanks again for the great emulator

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Ace256 wrote:Hey I noticed some issues with 2.1.6.1a and I was wondering if I'm the only one
Whenever I'm already in a game and I go through menu to load a new game, the new game doesn't load I just see 2 white screens.
To play a new game I hafta exit and choose the new game, not a huge issue but thought I'd share.
Also there seem to be some graphics issues with Gen IV Pokemon games, (Platinum, HeartGold) like in Plat some battles are very weirdly colored, and there are some artifacts in the over world that don't have textures exactly

Thanks again for the great emulator
White screens on a new game is something that will happen on a cracked version. Are you using a cracked version?

Ace256

Post by Ace256 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:21 pm

I had the cracked version of 2.1.2 before I updated, do I need to re-install?

Infinitelyblank

Post by Infinitelyblank » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Welp, just as I thought that I had for-sure l-totally-seriously-you-guys figured out what was causing the crashes, I woke up today to find out that it's still crashing like nobodies business. My only guess now is that it's caused by using a to quickly end an animation and the emulator can't handle the stress, but who knows, at this rate it'll prove to be something even more insidious and unpredictable like only crashing on Mondays in overcast weather at times that end with the number 9.

I just wanted to shoot a tanks :cry:

Infinitelyblank

Post by Infinitelyblank » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Exophase you magnificent bustard, I don't know what you did but dual strike has been stable as a rock since the new update. Thank you.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Infinitelyblank wrote:Exophase you magnificent bustard, I don't know what you did but dual strike has been stable as a rock since the new update. Thank you.
We did basically nothing to impact what would have affected you pre-October :P It's possible the issue was with your installation somehow. That is, unless you weren't on 2.1.6.1a before updating.

That's the annoying thing I'm finding, every update seems dangerous even if you change basically nothing, somehow it'll break on someone's phone for no real reason :( But then maybe it could suddenly be fixed again too o_O

But random crashes seem like a weird manifestation of an installation issue. The only thing that really comes to mind is RAM usage, if somehow that went down..

jeno1st

Post by jeno1st » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:11 am

Hi, i am currently using v2.1.5.1a and i already played at v2.1.3 with soul silver. My concern is why does it crash during the introduction of the professor or it crashes within a minute. as i said i already played the soul silver on my lg eg615 dual, android 4.0.4 and i don't really know why does it crash even pokemon white, black, platinum, heart gold and animal crossing crashes. i would like some help please because i really enjoy using and playing on the drastic ds, plz help thank you.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:20 am

jeno1st wrote:Hi, i am currently using v2.1.5.1a and i already played at v2.1.3 with soul silver. My concern is why does it crash during the introduction of the professor or it crashes within a minute. as i said i already played the soul silver on my lg eg615 dual, android 4.0.4 and i don't really know why does it crash even pokemon white, black, platinum, heart gold and animal crossing crashes. i would like some help please because i really enjoy using and playing on the drastic ds, plz help thank you.
You should update to 2.1.6.2a, which should fix that issue.

See here: http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=918

drastichugefan

Post by drastichugefan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:08 am

hello

any plains to drastic be installed in sd card? because my cel have little internal memory.
Thanks