about the new updates

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
acid
Re: about the new updates

Post by acid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 am

Jay Haru wrote: We are also paying customers mind you but we also observe forum rules and ettiquetes (most the time). Remember that the senior folks here are basically the early adopters for the android port and we didnt demand fixes or updates, we worked with the devs for the fixes and updates so also understand where we come from. I would put an emphasis that this is NOT a customer support site. this is a community helpsite and as such, everybody is equal (in theory). acting like a customer here is basically frowned upon. Ask us as if we are your friends and we will respond as such. Ask us as if we owed you money and we will respond in kind.
Exophase wrote: Well, I do try to frown on hostility and rudeness.. I know there has occasionally been a bit more of it here than would be best. Since all the mods are volunteers (except for me and Lordus of course) and a lot of them have helped a ton even outside of moderating, like with beta testing and support over e-mail and stuff like that I don't want to come down on every little thing they do. Of course there's a line here that I'm not going to tolerate people crossing but I don't think it's come to that point. Maybe I'm more used to normal social forums and not official corporate ones, although to be honest I have seen some of the latter that were really bad.
Jay, I'm an early adopter too. My point is, community help site or not, this is where people will come when they run into trouble with the software. And since it's commercial software, I don't think "acting like a customer" is the thing that should be frowned upon, to be honest, but the lack of tact some members will display on first contact. Since people are paying, of course they will expect to get help. Maybe we should make an effort not to scare them away? I know mods don't get paid, but they're still mods. That means you're the face and voice of this product, or at least will be seen as such. Just a thought.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:17 pm

acid wrote:
Jay Haru wrote: We are also paying customers mind you but we also observe forum rules and ettiquetes (most the time). Remember that the senior folks here are basically the early adopters for the android port and we didnt demand fixes or updates, we worked with the devs for the fixes and updates so also understand where we come from. I would put an emphasis that this is NOT a customer support site. this is a community helpsite and as such, everybody is equal (in theory). acting like a customer here is basically frowned upon. Ask us as if we are your friends and we will respond as such. Ask us as if we owed you money and we will respond in kind.
Exophase wrote: Well, I do try to frown on hostility and rudeness.. I know there has occasionally been a bit more of it here than would be best. Since all the mods are volunteers (except for me and Lordus of course) and a lot of them have helped a ton even outside of moderating, like with beta testing and support over e-mail and stuff like that I don't want to come down on every little thing they do. Of course there's a line here that I'm not going to tolerate people crossing but I don't think it's come to that point. Maybe I'm more used to normal social forums and not official corporate ones, although to be honest I have seen some of the latter that were really bad.
Jay, I'm an early adopter too. My point is, community site or not, this is where people will come when they run into trouble with the software. And since it's commercial software, I don't think "acting like a customer" is the thing that should be frowned upon, to be honest, but the lack of tact some members will display on first contact. Since people are paying, of course they will expect to get help. Maybe we should make an effort not to scare them away? I know mods don't get paid, but they're still mods. That means you're the face and voice of this product, or at least will be seen as such. Just a thought.
Ah, but we do help folks. Its just that at times, people act like, for a lack of a better term, idiots. Maybe you didn't notice since we went to a bad start but I do try to help especially on checking games with glitches and such. As for scaring them away, I don't think it happens and even if it does, only rarely. The lack of tact goes both ways. the faqs, guides and stickies are there for a reason. As I said, ask like a friend and we will answer your probs As best we can. we cannot guarantee satisfaction tho. If we dont respond, it may mean we can't answer the question or we didn't get what was asked at all. As for being face and voice of a product, mods are not really that. We are just volunteers. Maybe the face of the forum but never the product. What we do doesn't reflect what the devs do.
Behold my mighty

beansta

Post by beansta » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:30 am

While everybody has a point, i see this thread straying wildly off topic. And im sure the op's question should be answered shortly (i assume).
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:23 pm

As Exophase said, the betas can be changing fast, and we won't be able to always provide information about each change.
Mostly the Android changes will be up-to-date in the changelog, though. You can access it from within the app in the 'Help' section (open Help dropdown and select 'Changelog').