Discuss anything about DraStic here.
NintendoGamer
Re: about the new updates

Post by NintendoGamer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:53 pm

Oh, well thanks for the apology :)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:35 pm

acid wrote:Jesus. Hey exophase, can we get some moderation in these boards please? Thanks.
He's right though (although calling things stupid isn't really warranted), bumping your thread the same day to complain that no one posted is rude and disruptive. In fact, the post was made barely an hour after the first one. The beta is constantly changing and as-is, we might not always be giving updates on every change we make and it's not fair to demand we do instantly.

Same for asking when the next version will be out, the FAQ specifically asks not to.

NintendoGamer

Post by NintendoGamer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Woah! Ok ok im sorry! Can we just forget about it and move on?

NintendoGamer

Post by NintendoGamer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Great emu btw

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:17 pm

NintendoGamer wrote:Woah! Ok ok im sorry! Can we just forget about it and move on?
Try to avoid double posting my friend and welcome to the forums. Use the edit button ;).

juanoo

Post by juanoo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Humm yea when is the next update?

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:22 am

juanoo wrote:Humm yea when is the next update?
Ignorance...

acid

Post by acid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:52 am

Exophase wrote:
acid wrote:Jesus. Hey exophase, can we get some moderation in these boards please? Thanks.
He's right though (although calling things stupid isn't really warranted), bumping your thread the same day to complain that no one posted is rude and disruptive. In fact, the post was made barely an hour after the first one. The beta is constantly changing and as-is, we might not always be giving updates on every change we make and it's not fair to demand we do instantly.

Same for asking when the next version will be out, the FAQ specifically asks not to.
Fair enough. Still, since these people asking questions are paying customers, it's odd that that kind of hostile reply doesn't get frowned upon at least. Hey, I'm all for having a relaxed environment in the forum, but relaxed doesn't mean members can write whatever they want. Because, let's face it. Instead of apologizing maybe people should think before posting.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

acid wrote:
Exophase wrote:

Fair enough. Still, since these people asking questions are paying customers, it's odd that that kind of hostile reply doesn't get frowned upon at least. Hey, I'm all for having a relaxed environment in the forum, but relaxed doesn't mean members can write whatever they want. Because, let's face it. Instead of apologizing maybe people should think before posting.
We are also paying customers mind you but we also observe forum rules and ettiquetes (most the time). Remember that the senior folks here are basically the early adopters for the android port and we didnt demand fixes or updates, we worked with the devs for the fixes and updates so also understand where we come from. I would put an emphasis that this is NOT a customer support site. this is a community helpsite and as such, everybody is equal (in theory). acting like a customer here is basically frowned upon. Ask us as if we are your friends and we will respond as such. Ask us as if we owed you money and we will respond in kind.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:25 am

acid wrote:Fair enough. Still, since these people asking questions are paying customers, it's odd that that kind of hostile reply doesn't get frowned upon at least. Hey, I'm all for having a relaxed environment in the forum, but relaxed doesn't mean members can write whatever they want. Because, let's face it. Instead of apologizing maybe people should think before posting.
Well, I do try to frown on hostility and rudeness.. I know there has occasionally been a bit more of it here than would be best. Since all the mods are volunteers (except for me and Lordus of course) and a lot of them have helped a ton even outside of moderating, like with beta testing and support over e-mail and stuff like that I don't want to come down on every little thing they do. Of course there's a line here that I'm not going to tolerate people crossing but I don't think it's come to that point. Maybe I'm more used to normal social forums and not official corporate ones, although to be honest I have seen some of the latter that were really bad.