Sorry, have found a Chinese Drastic Clone on Play Store

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
riptor
Sorry, have found a Chinese Drastic Clone on Play Store

Post by riptor » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:19 am

Hi, sorry, but is this legal on Playstore??? A Chinese Drastic Clone???? I have downloaded, but on my Xperia Play is not working :lol: , Here the Link https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... niqi&hl=it

beansta

Re: Sorry, have found a Chinese Drastic Clone on Play Store

Post by beansta » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Looks like the chinese like ripping off the master key.

I wouldnt install it, it could be loaded with android malware.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Yeah, it's not ours and they didn't manage to hack it to the extent that it actually works. Pretty useless, they put in the effort but aren't going to get an awful lot of money from it.

riptor

Post by riptor » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 pm

And the same is succes with our Friend Robert Broglia from Explusalpha, what a fuck... see the link from Playstore, this is not correct i think https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... =V+Android
:cry:

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:29 am

It's a garbage;, which will crash on any device.lol.

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:36 am

I've heard updating of .emus is slowed down because of that. :evil:

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Sorry to necro this thread, but what's up with the V Android emus anyway? I actually have two of them on my device, the NES and MD ones, but I'm starting to wonder if I should be concerned. They're apparently open source clones compiled by someone named VickVick.

Are these legitimate? Because I've got a mix of Robert's emulators and these V Android ones on my device, and I noticed the V Android ones aren't being updated, I may just remove them and buy Robert's other ones, but it's just NES and MD, which I don't really play anyway (I'm mostly just doing SNES, GBA, PSX, and DS, though I've got emulators for most other consoles anyway).

Any thoughts on this?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:37 pm

tomkatt wrote:Sorry to necro this thread, but what's up with the V Android emus anyway? I actually have two of them on my device, the NES and MD ones, but I'm starting to wonder if I should be concerned. They're apparently open source clones compiled by someone named VickVick.

Are these legitimate? Because I've got a mix of Robert's emulators and these V Android ones on my device, and I noticed the V Android ones aren't being updated, I may just remove them and buy Robert's other ones, but it's just NES and MD, which I don't really play anyway (I'm mostly just doing SNES, GBA, PSX, and DS, though I've got emulators for most other consoles anyway).

Any thoughts on this?
if you dont need them, dont isntall them. if you want them,pay your dues. simple as that.
Behold my mighty

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
tomkatt wrote:Sorry to necro this thread, but what's up with the V Android emus anyway? I actually have two of them on my device, the NES and MD ones, but I'm starting to wonder if I should be concerned. They're apparently open source clones compiled by someone named VickVick.

Any thoughts on this?
if you dont need them, dont isntall them. if you want them,pay your dues. simple as that.
Hey man, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rip anyone off, I'm asking if these are legit (assuming not based on your reply). I bought DraStic, I bought ePSXe, and I'm fine with putting my money where my mouth is. I only realized it today when I stumbled across this post when Googling for Android emulation stuff (specifically, I realized the V Android stuff wasn't the same as Robert's and started comparing them side-by-side in the play store, and then searched something like "Robert Broglia vs. V Android" but didn't really come up with anything beyond this) and realized the ones I had by V Android might not be legit and compared them to the ones by Robert and realized they weren't being updated. I just thought they were a free fork, much like how PPSSPP and My Boy! have free versions and "donate" versions to support the devs.

I can just download Retroarch for now for NES and MD or go without if this is the case, and buy Robert Broglia's emulators if I find I'm actually playing those systems.

Edit - After digging into it even more, I'm more confused. In the comments here the Libretro dev (probably Squarepusher from the tone of it) basically breaks down that Robert Broglia is selling the .emu series (or at least MD.emu) without permission from the original devs (eke-eke and Charles McDonald according to the post, I haven't actually followed much Sega development), and the code for the Genesis Plus GX fork used in MD.emu has been converted to non-commercial GPL to prevent sale of it. So who's right here, and which version is actually legit? Is there a legitimate Android version? NES.emu is also based on free open source code (FCEUX), though I don't know what the current licensing is on that.

Can you provide and clarification and info? I assume as an emu dev, you may know a lot more about all this than I do.

Thanks!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:35 pm

not saying youre ripping one off. but yeah, VickVick did pirate Robert Brony's .emu apps. although your arguement isnt convincing seeing as ppsspp and myboy cam from thesame source and the .emus didnt. im not into brony emus but i think he coded it himself so any fork of it without his consent is illegal. its not like the numerous free and paid version of the desmume port for android where they violate the gpl for asking money for something that is basically crap (compared to lets say, drastic) on mobiles.

in any case, it may sound rude but i say what i think in a rather laconic/sarcastc fashion. just get used to it and well beth be fine ;)
Behold my mighty